chapter twenty

• Kei •

It's been a long time since I talked to him but really, I don't want to cry anymore. I'm tired of crying, I just want to be happy.

I walked towards the school garden where I used to hangout every single day, not until I found Yein.

It's still looks the same, with flowers blooming and there were trees everywhere, making the atmosphere of this garden relaxing and peaceful.

I sat on one of the wooden chairs near the fountain as I stared at the lovely scenery before me. I always come here whenever the bullies would come and bully me. It kinda made me happy, it made me calm.

So far, I'm the only one who's been here, I think. I keep on coming here and nobody really comes here.

I closed my eyes and pretended that everything was alright, like I wasn't hurt. I pretended that I'm smiling and laughing happily with him as we watch the sunrise and we happily hugged each other.

Me and my imaginations really, it's gonna make me crazy. I looked at my wristwatch and saw that it was almost time for the next subject so I ran as fast as I could, swiftly avoiding people that are passing by.

I almost reached my destination when I bumped into someone, I said a fast and short sorry but the man grabbed my hand.

It's him, it's Jimin. I couldn't look straight to his eyes as I try to escape from his tight grasp.

"Let go! I'm late for the next subject!" I said as I squirmed, I don't want to see him, not now "wait Jiyeon, please let me talk"

I froze when he called me Jiyeon, why would he do that? He never called me that "what do you want?!" He loosen his grip but it's still tight "let's talk"

I snickered at his statement "talk? Are you kidding? We've had that planned before right? You didn't show up, what do we need to talk about anyway?!"

"Please, I can explain" I rolled my eyes, "explain? wow what a word from you" he looked at me softly "please jiyeon"

"Fine, just make it fast" he smiled a little bit and took me to the school garden, wait he knows this place? We sat down on one of the benches there

"Look, Jiyeon. I'm sorry I kept you hanging. I just had a date with her and it crashed with my schedule" I can't believe this guy really, schedule? Is he fcking kidding me?

"Schedule huh? We planned this!" I half-yelled, I didn't wanna seem mad "I'm sorry, I gave you the motive that I like you, and it's true I do! But it's just that-"

He stopped for a little bit, as I thought of everything he said, he likes me but why is he dating Seulgi?! "It's just that, I love Seulgi and I just like you"

I felt like the world was crashing, my heart aches because of the words that came out his mouth "you like me? But you love her? AT LEAST TELL ME THAT EARLIER JIMIN!"

I can't hold back my emotions anymore as I broke down in front of him "you could've at least told me earlier! I kept on hoping Jimin! I really did, why can't you just love me like I love you? Am I hard to love? What's with her that is not with me Jimin?!"

He looked at me with pity and I hate it! "Look I'm sorr-" I stood up, I can't take it "your sorry doesn't fix me Jimin, you broke me."

I ran as fast as I could as I ran past my classroom, I wish Jimin will run after me and tell me he loves me. I looked back as I saw no Jimin.

I thought my love story in real life would be the same as the love story I had in my dream. Is this the sad reality of life?