Adjusting

Tord's POV

I walk back and forth, talking to dad about a lot of things, school, our honor classes, grades. Everything, it seems a bit suspicious, but I'm not turning up the opportunity to speak with him.
"So Tord, what did the principal mean by your 'disability'? Last time I checked you didn't have one, and your name isn't very common so it couldn't have been a mix-up." I can just imagine him raising an eyebrow, I sort of stammer a bit before saying something. "T-Tom and I were in a car accident, I guess technically leaving me disabled? I wouldn't call it one." I nervously stammer, using the fake arm to scratch my neck.
"Wait what, when!? What happened? Are you two okay?!" His voice went from slightly annoyed to extremely worried in a flash, pretty unsettlingly fast. "I...I...I um, had to have my right arm amputated, Tom is all okay." I trip over my words, I don't know why I'm so nervous. "Paul! Paul come here!" I hear the phone being passed over, dad explaining what happened to me, he sounds extremely worried, and I think I hear a few tears from him.
"Tord, you had to have your arm amputated?! Why didn't you guys try and contact us? Are you okay?" Pa seems even more worried than dad, he always acted like that. "Everyone was just too focused on making sure Tom and I were safe, I guess they forgot, to contact you. We didn't even know if we could, if you'd even answer."
"Oh, that's a good point. You know we aren't trying to ignore you right?" I can hear the worry and sadness in his voice, my response is staying silence. "Oh alright, I'm just a bit shaken up that we weren't contacted, just so you know-" the phone cuts off, stopping Paul from saying what he was going to say. "Pa? Dad? Pa!? Dad!?" The phone hung up.
"God damnit! That shitty phone!" I growl, dropping the phone. I lost my last chance to talk to Pa and Dad. I storm upstairs, slamming my door, falling on my bed, face in my pillow.
"What was he trying to say?" I groan, face planted in the pillow. I push myself up and off the bed, hanging my legs over the edge. "What could he have wanted?" I throw the stress ball, and this time I actually catch it with the robot arm. "Stupid full moon! Stupid arm! Everything is just stupid." I growl, teeth clenched, the full moon starting to affect my form.
"Everything!" Small needles of pain rush throughout my body, my claws growing out. I don't even fight it. "That god damn-"
"Tord, calm down, isn't that why you told me?" Tom opens the door, shutting it, walking over to me. I can see the purple smoke coming from his 'eyes' yet he's some how controlling it? "T-Tord, come on. You're supposed to be better at this than I am." He chuckles sitting next to me.
"Tom, you know what happened last time. We should just stay apart." I mutter, taking in a deep breath, calming down. "I just heard you screaming, but okay, whatever fine." He stands up, glancing at . What is he waiting for?
He sits back down, besides my bed, in font of me. "Look, Tord, I don't care what you have to say, I don't care how much I hate you, I still haven't payed you back from all those times you helped me." Tom sighs, I can tell he's in all seriousness.
"Tom, you don't have to-" I close my mouth. "Look, it's a full moon. We don't get along very well to begin with." I try and get him out of my room once more. "Well okay. Good, because Edd made me do it." He walks out of my room, slamming the door, following a knock.
"Tord, it's me, Edd." He knocks on the door, I mutter "Come in." He opens the door and sits next to me. He says nothing, which is more comforting than someone talking. After the crash, I've lost my cool on things like this, I'm just glad someone's there.

Nobody POV

The full moon passed as the four tried to sleep, Matt went out to feast his thirst, Edd went ahead to bed, Tord struggling with the full moon, and Tom trying to stay calm, but failing ultimately.
In the morning, Edd starts making breakfast, Tord walks sleepily down the stairs. "Mornin' Edd." He mutters, rubbing his eye with his leafy hand. "Morning, I made breakfast, Eggs and Bacon."
"Where's Matt? Tom?" Tord mutters in response, still grasping the stress ball with the robot arm. "Tom's still sleeping, he fell asleep on the couch, and Matt's in his room, probably fixing up his hair." Edd puts a plate of eggs and bacon on the table. "Thanks Edd."
"Of course, I remember Dad showing me how to make it, so I did. I don't think it's as good as his though." He smiles. "Edd, what were you and Tom fighting about when Matt and I got home?" Tord struggles to use the robot arm, but is pretty determined to get it used properly. "I asked him what was going on, and he got angry about it.
"Edd, I know there was more than that." Tord raised an eyebrow, eating a piece of bacon. "Well, he was telling be how hard it was for him, and I made the mistake of telling him I'm not a monster and I found that a bit hard, it wasn't that bad." Edd shrugs his shoulders. "Oh, I see, heh, Tom's not exactly an open book, you should be glad he even talked to you."
"Let's get of this topic, so, how's the new arm?" Edd turns off the stove, turning to Tord., waiting. "Well, it takes a bit of, um, getting used to, it's better than the stupid stump." Tord chuckles. "Yeah, is expected. Well, are you happy with it? Matt asked me to ask you that one."
"For the short time I've had it, I think so?" Tord smiles. "Could y'all be a bit louder? I'm trying to sleep!" Tom grumbles, putting the blanket over his head. "Edd, after you left my room last night, what happened with Tom?"
"The normal, struggling to not transform. I probably shouldn't be asking this, but I don't understand why you two don't just change?" Edd puts the dishes in the sink. "Well, its complicated than you put it out as, speaking for myself, that's the only time I can't control myself. I want to be able to so I fight it, can't speak for Tom." Tord answers, eating the food.
"Sure, sure whatever." Tom mutters, his voice sounding extremely tired and worn out. "I'm gonna go get Matt, this might take awhile." Edd smiles, running up the stairs. Tord walking over to Tom who looks like a large lump cuddled under the blanket. "Tom, give me your arm." Tord says in a more concerning tone.
Tom puts out his left hand, Tord seeming a tiny bit annoyed. "Your other arm." He raises an eye brow, Tom puts his right hand in front of Tord, still in the blankets. "Tord, I'm fine. I haven't-"
"I just wanted to check Tom." Tord sighs. "Look, I know you don't like talking about it, but if you do, I'll talk with ya." He smiles, Tom giving a thumbs up through the blankets. "Whatever ya say Commie."
"What did I miss?" Edd walks down the stairs, Matt following him who looks like he just came back from some photo shoot. "Nothing, I was just antagonizing Tom, what else is new?" Tord smiles and laughs it's only a cover up.
"You two really should stop that. Anyways, what do you want to do today?" Matt smiles, fixing up his hair. "I don't know, maybe go out in the woods? We live out here for a reason." Tord smiles.
"Sounds like a plan." Edd smiles back.

Story inspired by: AB6731