Changes

Edd and Matt had went home to go to bed but arrived back at the hospital in the morning, wanting to make sure the two were okay. Tom, as always, insisted he was find.
   "Is Tord awake yet?" Edd walks up to the nurse attending to him. "No, not yet boys. You can go inside to see him though." She half smiles, the two knowing it's a part of her job. "W-We'll do that." Edd stutters, the two walking in the room. "To be honest, I'm surprised no one transformed, or anyone noticing their differences." Matt looks over at Tord, laying there unconscious, his right arm removed, the nub wrapped in gaze. "How could a car accident make him have to have his arm removed?" Edd covers his mouth out of sympathy for Tord.
   "The car flipped, and he was projected out of the car, it sort of makes sense." Matt makes the remark, walking over to Tord, sitting in the chair. "Tord, wake up please?" Matt looks at Tord, trying to get him up. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Edd keeps repeating over and over starting to cry. "I should of never acted like that. I'm sorry, it's all my fault."
   "Edd, it's not your fault..." Tord mutters, hard to understand due to his tiredness and his accent, eyes still closed. "You're awake! Oh thank god.." Edd perks up, still slightly crying.
   "So, they had to amputate my arm." Tord mutters, barely being able to be understood, but Matt and Edd are used to that. "Yeah, your right arm had to be removed.." Matt shakes his head. "What I'd do to be Tom right now, that left handed asshole."
   "Tord! Don't say that." Edd gives out a small laugh. "Tord, I'm right here." Tom walks into the room and to the bed with an IV tube connected to his arm. "Well, sure."
   "Tord, Tom already told us what happened, well at least according to him, but what happened?" Edd puts his hand on his arm. "Well another car, truck think, slammed into out car, I tried to stop it, but we just kept rolling and rolling."
   "Pretty much the exact same story. Umm, Edd?" Matt flings his head around yo see Edd holding his arm, digging his nails into his skin, slightly bleeding. "I'm fine Matt, really." Edd smiles, Matt still looks worried. "We should check them out, so we can go home, we don't want any problems."
   "Tord lost an arm, doesn't he need to stay in the hospital for a bit longer?" Edd sits down, leaning his head on his arm. "I'm pretty tired, I'll be fine here." Tord mutters, still being hard to understand.
   "You sure? I can check you out." Matt cocks his head. "Yeah, I'm fine..." Tord mumbles again. "Tord, we aren't giving you a choice. It's not safe to stay inside the hospital, you know ver well why.." Tom groans.
   "Fine...fine." Tord slightly opens his eyes, Edd still in the chair, trying to calm down. "I just, don't feel the best." Tord sounds as if he's drunk. "We'll take care of you at home, we always have."

~Back at home~

   "Tord, you need to go sleep.." Edd says, worry still in his voice, turning to Tord. "Err, okay." Tord mutters, sitting on the couch already, seeming to already fall asleep.
   "Edd, I'm fine, I just have to be careful that I don't pop my stitches." Tom starts walking up the stairs, Matt sticking downstairs with Tord and Edd. "Hey, thanks for getting Tord out of there. They probably would of found out about him, maybe the whole family.
   "Edd, what should we do? We can't take Tord to a rehab. His demon side shows whenever he's angry, but his dominant hand-"
   "I-I don't know Matt. We should probably stay quiet he fell sleep."

Tord's POV.

   "Everything's fallen apart! Your fathers left, your world is breaking! Nothing will ever be that same again." My demon smiles, he's me, but horns twirling out of his dead, black eyes instead of grey, and the wings and tail, flying slightly above the ground.
   "Things will become good again! I believe it will! We aren't in the best situation, but we'll come out." I snarls. "Ha! Look, you should just let me take over you. For good this time." He slightly laughs, giving be a chill running down my spine.
   "I wouldn't. Not for good anyways. Papa and Dad love us. They had to leave, it was their last chance-"
   "Oh my! That's what you think! They even asked you to join them. They left you to eat dust! They never cared about you."
   "That's not true!" I snarl, so it's starts getting hard to breath. "They never cared. Re-live the worst part of your life Tord. Our lives" he smirks.
   "What do you mean? I'd like it if you actually started to explain things before you did them." I growl. "Oh, but it takes all the fun pit of it!" He smiles again.
   I fell off a cliff, popping in a car, driving with Tom, unable to do anything about it. "Feeling any better Tom? It's great you actually-" Tom cuts me of, "I'm fine, let's drop it?"
   "Fine, what do you want to talk about? We can't sit in silence." I raise an eyebrow, still keeping my eyes on the road. "I don't know? The weather? Wait! Tord watch out-" Tom gets cut off, a truck slamming into the right side of the car, where I am. Flipping the car over.

I quickly wake up, almost like I was shot back into reality hyperventilating, but not sitting up, I notice I was in my room, not on the couch. "Tord!" Edd running straight over "Tord, you alright?" Worry strains his voice, I only shake my head 'no', I don't want to worry him, but I don't want to lie. "Tord, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." Edd keeps repeating it over at over. "Edd, it's not your fault." I barely cough up, this only made Edd hug me. "I'm so sorry Tord."
   I put my left arm around him, attempting a hug. "Matt should b-be home soon. He went and got you a couple different medications the hospital recommended." His voice cracks. I only nod, not wanting to waste any breath, but I do, "Edd, I-I'm sorry."
   This made him jump up, eyes wide. "Tord. This is nowhere near your fault! It really isn't your fault at all."

Story inspired by: AB6731