New Mysteries

Tord POV

   Was I seeing this right? Alex is a wizard, or something else of the magic sort? How? What was going on?
   "We aren't blind. Alex tell us, we won't tell anyone." I mange spitting up. "I don't know! It's just something I've been able to do for along time!" He stutters. "Doubt that" I mutter. "Look, I want you to tell us. You must know something." I raise an eyebrow.
   "I don't know Tord, I'm telling the truth." He looks at the floor. I never meant to snap at him like that. "Okay, fine I trust you. Let's just get into the house. Okay?"
   "Okay." Alex dusts himself off. "Is he, a wizard?" Edd whispers in my ear. "I don't know, probably." I whisper back.
   We go inside the house, I can hear Tom playing his bass, he left his door open. "Oh, Tom plays the guitar?" I can tell Alex only wants to change the subject. "The bass." I reply to him.
   "Hey, Matt can I talk to you?" Edd walks up to Matt, the go into the kitchen to talk. "Well, that was eventful. Look Tord, it really was nothing." Alex shrugs. "No it wasn't. I see those things on a daily basis. I know when it's nothing." I turn to him, he seems to be astounded with what I said. "A daily basis?"
    "Yes, that's what I said." I mutter. "Okay, thanks anyways Matt." Edd walks over to Alex. "Well than." Edd smiles, twirling his finger with the green magic thing following after it, sparkling in the twirling motion Edd made with his finger. "You can do it as well?" Alex perks up.
   "Wizard magic." Edd puts his hands in his pockets. "Oh, that must be-" Alex cuts himself off. "That's-"
   "Pretty cool. Edd's the coolest right?" Matt smiles. "I'm the good looking one." He tries to lighten the mood. "Really a Matt? Really?" I slightly chuckle, knowing what he was doing. "I just want to go home, I'm sorry for being a party pooper." Alex scratches his head. "Oh, alright, I'll call your mom." Matt walks over to the home phone, getting the slip with Alex's mom's number on it.
   "Are you the only one out of your family, right Edd?" Alex mumbles, he basically seems like another person, to me at least. "Eh, sorta." I answer for Edd, shrugging my shoulders, lit of nowhere, Tom slams his door shut, making Edd jump a little.
   "Look Alex, you can't tel anyone. At least about me, okay?" Edd uses his magic to get his phone from the kitchen table. I think Edd is being stupid for telling him, even if Alex is like him, we haven't know Alex more than a day....
   "Your mom should be here in ten minutes to come pick you up." Matt puts the phone down. "Alex, do you understand about it telling anyone?" I say, looking at him, but my eyes straying off to the side. "Yes. I understand." Looking down to the ground, o don't know how to feel about this.

Matt POV

   What mostly amazes me is that Edd showed his magic right in front Alex, I'm not going to question it, he told me that Alex is probably a wizard as well. We all knew there were others like us, at least me and Edd know, it's hard to wrap your head around.
   "Tord! You have to be nicer, Alex is our friend and guest, you can't be threatening him." Edd turns his head. "Tord, Edd, stop it." I try standing up straight, Pop always did that when he was telling us off.
   "Fine, Alex let's go upstairs." Edd puts his thumb up, pointing up the stairs. "Tord, I have to talk to you, you two can go upstairs." I feel like I'm turning into Dad or Pop.
   "What is it Matt?" Tord looks at me, I can tell he's a bit angry. "Calm down, I just wanted to tell you, I got an appointment for tomorrow, all for you. A prosthetic arm thing." I smile, hoping this would make him happy.
   "Thanks I guess." Tord looks down at the floor. "What's wrong. You should be able to tell me." I shrug, waiting for a response. "Matt, everything is just gone down hill! I know we keep bringing it up and up again, but I can't stop thinking about it. It's like none of us are the same anymore."
   "Oh, well that is true. As you've said, we'll get through it. Anyways, about the prosthetic arm, I want you to not get angry if your failing, there's no need to show off our monster traits." I sigh, I never wanted to be the one in charge, it's no fun this way. "From what I know, it will be hard to get used to."
   "Whatever it is, it's probably better than not having an arm at all." He looks down to the ground. "Alex's mom should be here soon, tell him to get his stuff-" the doorbell cuts me off, Tord running upstairs as I grab the door. "Hello Mrs. Willis. Alex just wanted to go home, not sure why."
   "Oh, that's all okay. If you don't mind me asking, your little brother, Tord is it, what happened to his arm? He seems incredibly young to lose a limb." She nods, something about that question makes me feel weird. "He was in a car crash." I mutter. "Oh my! I'm sorry, I really should have never asked." She says apologetically, I don't understand why though. Alex zooms down the stairs, running to his mom hugging her. "Did you-"
   "I did, I didn't mean to." It seems Alex already knew the rest of the question, I wonder what it was. "It's okay, I'm sorry this didn't work out. Maybe next time?" She smiles, I only nod, shutting the door as they walk away, something is wrong with them, at least something suspicious. I notice Edd standing at the bottom of the stairs. "Matt, what just happened?"
   "I don't know." I shrug my shoulders, I really have no idea what just happened. "So, Alex is another wizard?" Tord turns his head. "I guess." I smile, taking out my camera to fix my hair.

Nobody POV

   Matt and Edd had went to sleep, Tord standing in front of Tom's door, knowing he's still awake, they both were the night owls of the family, alway staying up extremely late. "Tom, I want to talk, can you let me it?"
   "The door's open commie." He mutters, Tord walking in. "I always wondered why you call me that?" Tord chuckles. "Tord, its late. Why aren't you sleeping?" Tom mutters, seeming quite annoyed. "I couldn't fall asleep, so I decided to come talk with you." Tord's eyes flow down to Tom's gauze, Tom had just finished wrapping it, going back to Tom's eye sockets. "Tord! Why do all of you keep checking up on me?! I'm fine!"
   "No Tom, I ligtimenhly only want to talk, it'll make it easier for us both to go to sleep if we get everything off our minds." Tord sits on Tom's checkered bed. "Well, I'm worried. I'm worried I'm going to wake up one day, to find you, Edd or Matt dead, and it being my fault. I already made you lose an arm." Tom looks at the ground, the blood stained carpet beneath his feet. Tord's heart drops into his stomach, all from his face.
   "Tom, you know for a fact it wasn't your fault! It was mine for not paying better attention to the road. It's what happened, we will adapt to live with it, forget about it okay? There's no need to feel that way Tom. I'm fine with one arm." Tord puts his hand on Tom's shoulder.
   "What?! So I can't feel sorry for my brother? Is that what your trying to tell me here Tord? Because that what it seems like!" Tom snaps, teeth clenched together.
   "Tom! I'm not saying, just forget it, 'night." Tord walks out, closing the door, Tom getting in his bed, curling up in a ball to sleep, cradling his right arm, the one wrapped in the gauze, to protect it. Tord sitting straight on his back. "Matt said tomorrow I have an arm prosthetic thing. It's only been like what? Five, six days?" Tord mumbles to himself, falling asleep.

Story inspired by: AB6731
So, this is a slower chapter, the pacing should pick up soon! Yay!