On The Mind

Edd's POV

When we got home from school Tom climbed out of the car and immediately went to his room, me of course following. The appointment Matt set up was in four weeks and not in a day like he thought, they went to the appointment as me and Tom stayed home.
"Tom, come on, let's do something? How about a board game?" I knock on his door. "Edd, it's a full moon. And Matt and Tord are dilly dallying around!" He growls, opening the door. "Come on, do you just want to talk? We can do that." I smiles, noticing the dark circles under Tom's black eye sockets, he hasn't slept in days. "Tom come on. Matt and Tord are going to be gone for a couple hours, why don't we do something while they're gone."
"Whatever, let's just play Go Fish or something." He mummers. "I'll get the cards." I squeak, Tom never plays games with me! I run into my room and get the Go Fish card and go back into the room, shuffling the cards.
"That, was um. That was quick." Tom nervously laughs, I ignore it though. "Pff! Well of course, come on let's play." I start dealing them out. "Okay Edd."
"Alright, I go first. Do you have, a three?" I look up from the cards. "Go fish." He smiles, I pick a card from the deck. "Do you have an ace?" I hand him an ace, he places down the two aces.
We keep playing, Tom won the game, it only took five minutes. We didn't want to play anymore, so I got popcorn, no movie.
"Tom, why didn't you want to go to Tord with the arm prosthetic thing? I thought you would of wanted to go?" I take a handful of popcorn and eat it. "I didn't want to go, why did you stay home? You need to protect me?" Tom gets all protective all the sudden.
"No. I stayed him because it's a full moon, and I just thought-"
"There, there it is!" He laughs. "I was messing with you. Lighten up Edd, seriously."
"Wow, you're so funny Tom." I roll my eyes, then looking at the floor, the small drops of blood stained on the carpet, taking a deep breath, I look at Tom. "Look, I know you've told me several times that you don't want to talk about it, but please. What has been going on under my nose? Why did you hide it for so damn long." I sigh, rubbing my arm looking at him. "Edd, I-I don't-"
"Tom, please. Let's just talk about it, okay?" I fake a smile, hoping it will convince him. "Okay, f-fine. Just, don't bring it up, please?" He readjusts where he sits, looking down at me sitting in the floor.
"It was after Dad and Pop left, I felt if it was my fault. I failed them, I didn't turn into a monster, I was a bad son! I felt worthless. I don't know why I'm even telling you this." He looks at me and sighs, I keep my mouth shut, hoping he'll continue. "After that, I went into a spiral of self-hate, I didn't tell anyone, in fear of someone saying I only feel this way because I want attention. W-when Tord came in and helped me, I just hugged him,
I didn't have to hide it anymore, I didn't feel alone anymore."
"Tom, I would of helped you, you should of just told us." I look up at him. "Edd! You don't know what situation I was in! Blaming yourself for every little thing that went wrong! Terrified of telling someone! Always in fear of yourself! Having panic attacks! I didn't have the courage to tell anyone!" He growls, catching me of guard. "You're right, I don't know what it's like, other than the panic attacks, I have no idea. But I still have problems Tom, I'm the only one in this house that's not a monster do you-"
"Oh wow! You're the only one that's not a monster, oh my! Of course you know how I feel now!" Tom growls at me. "Tom! What I mean is, both you and Tord had those nightmares, I wanted to help but I couldn't! I don't know anything about it!" I sigh, I have no idea why I'm defending myself in this matter.
"Just, leave me alone, Tord and Matt should be home soon, the full moon's starting." Tom lays don't on his bed, holding the bear. He may be a teen, but he loves that stuffed bear, I can't remember how long he's had it. "Tom, I'm not leaving you. We don't have to talk, you don't even have to acknowledge that one here."
"Fine, w-whatever." He mutters.

Matt's POV

I pull up in the driveway, I drive Tord this morning to the rehab center, he missed the school to be there. He was just so eager to start, I don't blame him.
"Thanks for taking me Matt." He looks down at the floor board. "Tord, of course, what else is the all amazing Matt supposed to do for his brother?" I put my hand to my chin and wink. "Shut up Matt!" He laughs, getting out the car, I follow him.
We get into the house, I start hearing the yelling of Tom, but its muffled so I can't hear it. "Guys! We're home!" Tord yells, grabbing a stress ball from the table to practice with the robot arm. I hear some muffled talking before Edd's head pops out of Tom's door. "Oh! Hey, how'd the rehab go?" He smiles, laughing nervously.
"It went well, why are you in Tom's room?" I close the door because I forgot to do so. "Oh, we were just talking! The full moon and all. Um, I'm gonna keep talking with Tom " He smiles, something is up, I think at least, going back into Tom's room.
"Matt, something's is up with- damn it!" Tord threw the ball in the air, the arm not moving to catch it, I slightly laugh, covering my mouth. "Sorry Tord." I try and stop laughing.
"Matt!" Tord slightly laughs. "What I was trying to say is, something is up with Edd and Tom." He shrugs. "Tord, it's probably something with the full moon. It's not exactly night, but-"
My phone goes off interrupting Tord. "Sorry Tord, let me take this." I take out my one, it's Dad's number, I know it can't be him. We've tried to call him before, he never answered. "H-Hello?" I stammer, I guess I'm just nervous, I haven't talked to him in such a long time, or at least what has felt like a long time.
"Matt, oh my god. You picked up, I tried calling you earlier. How are things? Has there been any accidents? Are you okay?" Patryk seems a bit nervous, I feel a bit suspicious, but he's my dad, what else am I going to do?
"Things, are. They aren't great dad, but they aren't all bad either. Not that many accidents have happened, and I'm fine" I shrug, Tord's eyes widening at 'dad' he is just as surprised as I am. "What happened while we were gone? What were the few accidents that you have had?" I can hear the smile in his voice. "Well, Tom turned into his full monster, and Tord was-"
Tord looks at me and shakes his head, I catch from that he would want to tell himself. "Tord was helping Tom through it, like normal, we all help each other out. Since he still has the nightmares and it isn't the easiest thing." I cover myself, Tom's way better at this then me. "I'm so sorry we left you boys, we only-"
"Dad, why are you calling me? To see if everything's fine? You haven't called either of us for almost two years, and he when Edd called you, you were just so eager to hang up!? I'm sorry." I half yell, trying to keep my calm, I didn't mean to yell at him, well mostly so Edd or Tom don't hear me. "Well Matt, we were contacted by the school about Tord's 'disability' and we didn't have any idea what he meant, but your pops decided I should call you." By his voice, I can tell he isn't the happiest with me, but he doesn't say anything about it.
I'm not taking that, he clearly wants something. "Well, do you want to talk to Tord? He can explain what they meant by that. I don't know how to explain it." I question him, mostly covering myself up. "Oh! Of course! I'd love to talk to him, thank you Matt."
"Here Tord, dad would like to talk with you." I hand him the phone as they immediately start talking, I race upstairs, knocking on Tom's door, looking at the mirror. Nothing there, only the background of the room.
"What is it Matt?!" Tom growls from behind the door. "Tom, can I come in with you two? Tord's on the phone with dad." I mutter. "Did you say dad? Dad called you?" Edd's voice seems a bit shaky.

Nobody's POV

Tom and Edd look straight at each other, Tom opening the door. "Dad called you? Why?" Edd seems glad excited and jittery and half nervous. "He said he got an email from the school talking about Tord's 'disability' and pops said that they should check up on us." Matt shrugs.
"His, disability?" Edd looks at the floor, knowing what it meant, they meant his arm.