Chapter 31

Friday, 30th of November:

Hailey's POV:

I followed how clock ticked. Today it had felt like the day was longer than ever before. I was sitting alone on my seat and trying to do my math home exam because if I won't do it now, I wouldn't for sure do it later at home either.

Algebra. Just that was already hard word for me even I didn't need use it anywhere as word. I sighed and kept adding some number on the answer sheet like it would have been a piece of cake for me.

A shadow landed on my table just when I was about to release the worst streak of curses out. I raised my head and looked in front of me. It was Marcus who stood there a little nervous. "Hi, what's wrong?" I asked and looked how he kept playing with the zipper of hks backpack.

"Oh hi Hailey, I just-" Marcus stumbled with his words. "I just.. are you going to that party which Frida and his older brother will organize tonight" he got his words out finally.

"I don't know, I mean.. I don't really have no one to go with since Charlotte is meeting her god mother on this weekend" I said and looked down. "Well maybe we.. you know.. if you want only, we could go there together" he said shyly.

"Just as friends, you know" he rushed to add and chuckled then awkwardly. "That would be nice" I smiled shyly to him. "So is that a deal then? What time will I come pick you up tonight?" Marcus asked. "7pm would be good maybe" I mumbled half myself, and half to him.

He nodded and grabbed his car keys. "So.. 7pm then.. see you- see you later, Hailey" he wished before our ways separed. I had still two hours French left. I didn't want to step in that class full of students with great French skills, and show how bad I was myself.

I looked around and when I was sure nobody saw me, I walked out of the school building to our car and drove away. Two hours skipping wouldn't hurt anyone. I needed some time to myself and I couldn't get any if I spent time at school which didn't give me higher scores to impress my crush.

I parked the car in front of the house and ran inside fast that our neighbors would see me hanging here this time of the day. Yeah, it might sound stupid but most of our neighbors still seemly thought sometimes that I was under- age, and that they should call my mom about it if I acted weird. Stupid, huh? Well that was the truth.

I started look for a perfect outfit for tonight. I had exactly 3 hours time to it before mom would be back at home at 5pm. I tried one of the white dresses of mine but it felt too fancy to this kind of event. Red was too.. sexy. I didn't want look like a slut there, and especially when Marcus said that we would be going there as friends. The third pick from my closet pleased my eye the most. It was the black dress with little sparkle. I think that black was always a good choice so I chose it.

With high heels I had no problem to choose. I picked up my favorite black 5inch high heels right away, like I wouldn't have already enough height. When I looked my outfit which laid over my bed, I couldn't be happier to my choose and how quickly I had actually made it. I still had enough time to finish other businesses before I had to be ready to listen my mom's orders about what I'm allowed to do and what not.

Again from that view, we faced that wall where my own mom treated me like a 10-years-old kid too. I just hoped that at least one she would let things slide and let me live. I had ever done anything crazy when I had been out. Not that much at least, what would have reached my mom's ears yet, so why would I do it now either. End of the case.

I went to take a quick shower after I started do my hair. It took me over 15 minutes to choose what kind of hairdo I should make this time. Ponytail sounded and looked too boring, a bun was too classy to my style.. so I decided just straightened my hair and let them be like they were.

-

I started make some dinner for us, or actually I just heat food from yesterday. Mom came home 10 later and I invited her in the table right away. It was weird again sit there together, just me and her because Benjamin had gone back to his father again.

He had asked me to visit there too but I haven't ever get chills of that idea. Me and his new 12 years younger girlfriend didn't get along so well, so I had decided be the smarter one and stay away from that house. Let them live and love each others. I still got mom who cared about me.

We didn't talk much which was good because I wasn't up to her tight questions today. We washed dishes together and watched some tv before it was my time to get ready to the party.

"Where are you going, sweetheart?" mom asked from the door and looked me from head to toes suprised. I smiled and answered her: "One of our classmates is having a party and.. I'm going there" Second later I heard when someone knocked on the door and I ran to open it. "With who? Charlotte isn't in the t-" she started to ask before I opened a door.

"Hello, Mrs. Dean. I'm Marcus" Marcus straight out his hand for a hand shake with my mom. "Is it okay if I take your daughter one of our friend's party tonight?" he asked politely. While he talked to my mom, I suffered with problems to breathing.

He looked already so handsome when he just stood there his black hoodie and jeans on., and his brown hair twisted behind just perfect. "A-are you two dating?" mom asked still staring us suprised.  "No, Mrs. Dean. We're just classmates and.. friends from there" Marcus continued before I could even open my mouth.

Mom nodded and then smiled a bit. "Oh, of course, Hailey hasn't just ever talked about you but it doesn't matter. Not everything is for mom's ears" she joked and made Marcus chuckle back too. "Have fun!" mom wished before we started walk over Marcus' car. "I hope that you'll come back at least 11pm then" she yelled still after us and we both promised that.

"Ready to party?" he asked and I couldn't nothing but nod back.
______________________________________

- About 5 days before -

Sunday, 25th of November:

Justin | Hailey

Hey! I just wanted text and say that my answer is yes but it doesn't mean anything serious then. Don't go tell this to anyone

Haha... no worries, Hails. I'm glad you finally decided give a chance to this. I promise that you won't regret it

Hopefully not...

You won't. I'll make you want go out with me more often after that

Not any stupid tricks then. You know where it leads...

What wahat?? I'm a gentleman.. I don't do things like that

Sure... so when and where?

I'll pick you up on Friday at 8pm , good?

That's good, I can always lie to my mom that I'm going out with my friends

Haha, I think that you're the one of us with dirty tricks ;)

Shut up! Would you like her to know about this thing between us, huh? She would kill us both

Well, true actually.. I think that I can carry one little secret like that in my pocket

See you then, beautiful!
______________________________________

Oops, what just happened to Hailey?🙊 What do you think will happen next?