Chapter 28

Justin's POV:

It had been already three days when I last time saw her. No texts, no calls, I wondered if she was even okay. Should I call? No. Justin calm down and stop acting like a 18-years-old horny teen boy, I told myself.

You need to calm down and give her some space. Sometimes I found myself fantazing that she would be more than just a neighbor girl for me who with I suppose be closer, a lot of closer if we talk about physical things.

But I wanted that closeness also in mental things. Maybe in social things too. I wanted call her mine, only mine, but then my brain have started yell again against me:

No, it's wrong. Don't be stupid. C'mon, just think about how big mess it could make... STOP!

And every time after those times, I had pushed those feelings aside. Now it had started bother me more than anything. I needed to do something about this.

"Help me God" I hissed myself.

Hailey's POV:

We were sitting in the breakfast table, me and Benjamin, who my dad had drove here yesterday. I had woke up first and decided make some breakfast to all, omelette and toasts where was some jam.

Benjamin walked to the kitchen before mom and started complain about it, why I didn't make bacon with omelette like dad did. I just rolled my eyes to him and told that if the food wasn't good enough to eat, no one forced him to eat. He sat on the table in the end and grabbed a piece of toast.

He mumbled something himself which I didn't heard and to be honest I didn't even know would I have wanted. We sat there a long time before mom stormed to the kitchen and almost screamed, why haven't we woke her up and that she would be late from work.

She ran from room to another and search things which she needed. "Ali, will be here in any minute" she hissed herself before she got her shirt on, and came to grab something to eat.

"It was good that you decided make some breakfast today" she said and looked the clock. "I'd not have time to that. Thank you" she kissed my forehead and sat down on the other side of the table.

"When you'll come back home? I just thought who will took Benjamin" I said and got an annoyed gaze back from my brother. "I'm here if you didn't notice, and let me tell you something. I'm not a 4-years-old" he commented. I didn't say anything to him.

"I don't know how long I have to be at work today, I mean our boss has been pretty tight these last days, and you can ever know what she'll create us" mom sighed before she grabbed her purse from the table. "So it'll be me then" I sighed even that wouldn't be a big deal for me.

"You can use the car if you want because we'll go by Ali's car this week" she yelled to me from the door. I cheered myself to that announcement. "Thanks, mom" I yelled back to her.

"I can clean the house when I come back home if you want" I said her when I walked to the hallway where she was still looking for something. It felt necessary to offer some help to her plus I needed something to do after school so why not.

My offer made my mom's face lighten. "That would be a kind act from you" she smiled and touched my shoulder before she left to work.

I had owed that for her after everything I had made her do for me and Benjamin. Plus let's not forget that she promised our car to use for me on next three days.

"Hailey!" Benjamin's begging made me drop back to reality. "Oh yeah, the school. Let's go" I mumbled half myself. I had totally forgot that I had to drive him to school too.

We walked to the car and Benjamin sat on co-driver seat. When I noticed it, I was about to tell him go on backseat but since I was good mood today, I let him sit there. "Don't tell mom or she will kill me" I whispered to him.

I dropped to him school before I continued my way forward. I parked the car in front of our school building and jumped out of the car. The bell rang just when I got locked the car. I should run if I don't want miss the first class.

-

The last bell rang and I closed my history book. A long sigh escaped from my mouth. The day couldn't get any worse anymore. Since I had been sick last two days, my class had started few projects, and you probably know what happen to those who aren't present.

Yeah, they have to do their work alone.

So that was exactly what I did, and on top of that yet, Mr. Rower told that I have to show my project on Friday. So pretty great day.

When I walked out of the class and went put my books in my locker, I heard how my phone beep. There were two new messages from my brother:

Benjamin: "I'll go to Sam's place after school. No need to pick me up"

Benjamin: "or come pick me up on 5pm"

I closed the phone and took the car keys out of my pocket. Welcome lonely Wednesday then, I thought myself before I stepped in the car, and started a car.

Charlotte had been sick too so there was no chance to go her place. Tanya was visiting her parents and to be honest, I had ever felt so close with her. Marcus asked me earlier come over but I said no because on that time I thought that I had to still babysit my brother.

Now I regret my answer but I was too shy to go tell him that I would come after all. I just had to accept it that I would spend my day alone till mom comes home. After that thought I remember my promise, I have to clean the house.

On that moment I didn't feel like cleaning at all. Just a thought of that made me shook my head of disgust. I parked our car in front of our house but stay there one moment. I have to do something to move that a little, I thought and looked my phone.

There was one new message:

Justin: "Come visit at my place after school"

And there my saving came. Thank you God for this gift!