Chapter 16

Hailey's POV:

Last days have been quiet. Charlotte was having the sulks with me. Even I tried call her she had either just ignored it or pressed red button for me. I had also tried text her but nothing had came back. However I knew that this couldn't last long anymore because we couldn't stay away from each others more than maybe a week.

I was sitting now alone on the table in the dining room with a plate full of pasta and carrots which I had grabbed with me at home since they were serving a liver casserole at school today and I hated it from the bottom of my heart. Just the smell of it made me almost throw up.

I finished my lunch and heated to my next class which was psychology. I sat on my place and took my books out of my backpack. I started read pages which Mrs. Susans had given to us as a homework. I was totally deep in that I didn't heard how someone called me.

"Hailey!" the person raised his voice and I looked the speaker quickly. It was Marcus. "Hey" he smiled weakly and I couldn't nothing but smile back. "Oh hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just thought that where's Charlotte? I mean I haven't seen her days with you" he looked around and searched my best friend with his gaze. "We have a little argument going on.." I mumbled. "Oh, I get it" he chuckled softly. "Would you mind if I sit with you? Rick isn't at school and it's kinda boring sit alone" I looked his place on the last row.

"Sure" I said and he nodded. He sat next to me and took his book out of his backpack too. "Seemly you haven't did homeworks either" he chuckled and looked my empty notebook. "Uhm, no but please don't tell it to Mrs. Susans" I whispered to him. "Only if you don't tell her that I haven't did either" he winked.

Oh God that boy was so cute, I thought myself before Mrs. Susans attented to the class and told that it was time for spot checks. Just my luck, I thought

-

After psychology I didn't have classes anymore so I went put my books which I didn't need to my locker before I made my way out of the school building.

It was a beautiful autumn day and I breath that air inside me. I loved the smell of autumn. I put my headphones on and opened my favorite playlist from my phone and let the music bless my ears.

I was so focused on the music that I didn't even noticed that Marcus had showed next to me and looking at me asking. "Oh, sorry, I was.." I mumbled and took of my headphones.

I had to be probably red like a tomato now but he just chuckled and shook his head. "I just wanted ask is it okay if I walk with you at home? Even I live just a couple houses away from the school I thought that..-"  "Yeah, of course" I quickly answered.

So we continued walking. We did a small talk like how had our day gone and so on before he stopped and nodded over the big green house. "I live here.." he mumbled and smiled. I just nodded and said bye to him which I later regret.

Like not that I had said bye to him but that I didn't say anything else than just that to him because it might have been the only chance to tell him about my.. uhm.. feelings.

Or if not them, I would have anyways said something better like 'okay, you have a pretty home..' or just for example 'cool, see you on school..' but I messed up again. I grabbed my phone and dialed Charlotte's number but again I got those three beeps back.

Should I go visit at her place or should I just wait that she would come back like she always did? Both options felt too risky so I decided that option I would go talk to her tomorrow at school, in the lunch break.

Yeah that was what I will do, I thought before I continued walking back at home.

______________________________________

Sorry for not updating for a while. I haven't had a moment to write but thankfully there was complete chapters to post.. I hope that we'll see soon♡