[ 13 ] Hesitation

Start bij het begin

"How can I be so sure that you're telling the truth," Chanyeol asks, "when in the first place you just rejected my offer so you could stay with him longer?"

Baekhyun is left speechless.

"Did you ever think about my situation?"

Baekhyun looks at the ground as he restrains himself to cry, but he is having a hard time.

"Did you ever think that I've been alone for a long time?"

A tear has fallen from Baekhyun's eyes, and he quickly wipes it with his hand.

"You only fucking care about yourself," Chanyeol says, "You took me for granted just because you know I felt something for you."

"It's nothing like that, Chanyeol-sunbae," Baekhyun replies as he sobs his heart out, "I'll change my mind and I'll leave him for you," He catches for his breath. "I-I want to be with you and I want to stay with you right now. If that's what you want, I will pack my things and go to you---"

"You don't have to."

Baekhyun freezes.

"I want you without any hesitation, and if you can't do that," Chanyeol says, "then I don't need someone like you in my life."

Baekhyun feels his body trembling and his heart breaking into pieces when Chanyeol stands up. His eyes widen in surprise, quickly holding onto Chanyeol's arm with both of his hands. He looks up to him with eyes begging as he says:

"Ch-chanyeol-sunbae, don't do this to me, please... Look at me... Please..."

Chanyeol yanks Baekhyun's hand off his arm.

"Don't show your face in front of me again."

The last thing Baekhyun remembers is Chanyeol's disappearing figure before everything goes black.

*

"Hey, wake up..."

" . . ."

"You think he's okay?"

"I don't know. Just shake him lightly."

"Wake... Up.... Sehun..."

"He's still not opening his eyes, though."

"Can I slap his face?"

"No. That would hurt."

"Hey! Wake up!"

Slap!

"I said don't slap his face, goddamnit."

"Wake the fuck up. Are you dead?"

"He's not dead. He just fainted, I think."

Sehun hears familiar voices around him.

"Shit, I think he's waking up! Hey, can you hear us?"

"Sehun! Oh Sehun!"

Slowly, he opens his eyes as he tries to get up, but a hand suddenly shoves him back to reclining position on the couch. Someone's blurry face gets into view, and he is too close he can smell his perfume. There is also someone behind him watching while his arms are folded against his chest.

What just happened? Who are these people?

"Is he awake?" Kyungsoo asks, entering the living room after toeing off his shoes. He went to the pharmacy to buy some medicine.