Chapter 40: Die!

(Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for the long delay🙏🏻. Anyway...I hope you all enjoy this chapter and don't forget to feedback in the comment section below. Bye dear readers, until next time😄)

~Previous Chapter~

The door opens and the Headmaster walks in. He freezes when seeing my dry tears and my slightly red eyes.

"My child, why are you crying?" he shuts the door behind him and makes his way to where I lay on the bed.

"Kaien...I don't feel so well..." I tell him while shifting my gaze towards him. Kaien's hazel eyes melt with warm.

"My child come here..." he opens his arms while smiling softly at me. I look at him shocked but I soon let more tears out.

I slowly get up to a sitting position and wrap my arms around Kaien.

"Thank you for always being there for me when I constantly kept pushing you away...your like a father figure to me Kaien..." my words come out muffled while keeping my gaze at the ground.

"Mitsuki....my child, I'll always be here for you whenever you need me so don't hesitate to talk to me anytime you want" Kaien let's out a happy smile while tightening his hold around me.

'I'll try not to push you away Kaien when you want to help me...' I let out a faint smile.

~Back To The Chapter~

~Time-Skip to early in the morning~

*Mitsuki's Point Of View*

I wear my training clothes, which consisted of a black top which hugged my upper body, black baggy tracksuit bottoms, a black hoodie to top it off, black trainers and of course my fingerless gloves. I readjust my earphones and look down at my clothes in approval.

"It's been so long since I trained.." I stretch my muscles, being careful not to make my injury worse than it already is.

*Second Person's Point Of View*

The sky lacking of any colour, ever so slightly brightened the dull room. Soft ice-crystal coloured whips of clouds smeared the colourless sky.

The silver haired adolescent tied her hair up in a messy ponytail and grabbed her katana on the way out.

"I don't think I'll need my Lightning Bolt with me..." she straps her katana securely on her back and leaves her room. She shuts the door behind her and makes her way down to leave the school perimeters. 

"Mitsuki where are you heading off to my child?" a masculine yet gentle voice called out to the adolescent making her stop in her tracks. She turns her attention to who called her and lets out a small smile.

"I'm going to train Kaien....I might see rogue Level Es on the way there and back.." she answers the Hunter's question while sighing softly.

"Be careful Mitsuki" the Hunter's hazel orbs turned serious for a split second but changed back to a soft expression. "Don't cause too much trouble" he smiles at her while pushing his spectacles up the bridge of his nose.

"Glasses really don't suit you old man. I'll try not to cause too much trouble" she lets out a chuckle while turning her back towards the Hunter.