Fifty

POV: Yoongi
"Mrs. Jung?"

"Mm, yes, Yoongi?"

"I know this is a huge favour, and we owe you everything for this, but could you please possibly take care of our child for us while we're at school?"

"Y-you have a child? My sweet potatoes, I didn't even know that! I thought you were with Hoseok, no? A bit too young to be a father though, aren't we?" she laughed, bombarding me with countless questions. "Oh, it's that little boy, Byungho, isn't it? Who's the mother, eh?"

"Minji," I sighed, breaking eye contact. I saw her frown from the corner of my eye as she went silent for a split second.

"Oh, yes, she was, wasn't she? That's the reason she's... gone, now. I actually couldn't believe it when I first heard it; she's so young, she still had so much of her life left, it's just horrible. What a shame." she sniffed.

"I know... I take full responsibility for that, it's all my fau-"

"It's nobody's fault, Yoongi. Life just happens. You cannot go ahead with your life blaming yourself for her death, believing that it was all your fault, because it doesn't work. There's no need to have to put the blame on someone, especially on yourself, when you know that there's nothing you can do about it. The past is the past, and you have to keep on moving towards the future."

"I suppose so," I shrugged, understanding where she came from. " I just... I just feel like I've screwed up my own life so badly, you know? I'm nearly eighteen with no parents of my own anymore, yet I'm already a father to a little boy who's mother is now dead and I'm with a guy who's determined to get himself a great education before settling down. I've just messed up all of the amazing opportunities that could have been heading my way if I hadn't done what I did. What a flipping waste."

"Shh, it's okay. Just stop talking for a second, catch your breath and look at me, Yoongi." Mrs. Jung said, holding my chin up with her hand.

"I-"

"Shh. Yoongi, don't think that your life is over, because you've still got a long way to go, and there's still a lot you can do! I believe in you, so you should believe in yourself. Your real parents may be out of the picture at this stage in your life, but you're a parent now, and you know better than your own parents did. You know you won't screw up your little child's life like you did with yourself, because you've learnt from your mistakes. Just remember that if you need a parent, I'm always here, for all three of you. And yes, I will take care of Byungho!"

"Th-thank you so much!" I threw my arms around Mrs. Jung with a bright smile face. After everything that had happened, I really needed a reassuring, motherly hug.