Twenty

POV: Minji
I kept seeing Yoongi after that day, while making sure that I wasn't looking suspicious. We even had some more fun, despite wanting to keep our relationship a secret.

I didn't want anyone to find out.

It had probably been over a month since I first stated going out with him. During rehearsals, my phone would always blow up with cute messages from him, but I had to ignore them and put my phone on silent mode before anybody realised.

"C'mon, Minnie, hurry up! We can't start the chorus without you!" Aejung shouted, as I shoved my phone back into my pocket.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming!" I yelled back, quickly grabbing the mic. "Starting from the first chorus, yeah?"

"One, two, a-one, two, three, four!" Eunhye counted us in, and I started singing.

(A/N: these are really random made up lyrics ok? Haven't written lyrics in ages so it sounds like shit lol)

"Only for you... Only for your desire. Gimme your love, where is your love for me? Only for you, only for your aching heart! Teach me to love, baby, where is your love for me?"

"Do you wanna carry on?" Chae asked, and we all gave her a nod.

"You said you always loved me, but was that really the truth? Oh, I wanna hope that you weren't kidding, but I can see right through you, baby! Whatever you say, oh! Whatever you say, no-no matter what you do. Whatever you say, oh, whatever you say. I'll never believe you..."

I repeated the chorus one last time before Eunhye stopped playing the drums and we all fell silent.

"Alright, let's wrap it up there for that song!" Eunhye said. "I think it's really coming along nicely, don't you think?"

"What is this song even about, though?" Yuna laughed. "I'm kinda confused by the lyrics, haha, considering we actually wrote this song ourselves."

"I think it's about somebody who says that they love that other person, but the other person doesn't believe it. They're asking to be properly loved, to be taught how to love," Chaewon shrugged. "I mean, that's what it seems like to me. Oh well, songs are all about interpretation, right?"

"Yeah, I suppose so," Yuna nodded in agreement. "Anyway, is that the end of this rehearsal or nah? We've only got three days left until the first round of the competition and-"

"Fuck!" I screamed, clutching my mouth. Everything around me started to spin around, and I felt light-headed.

"Mi-Minji, you okay?" Aejung stuttered, dashing towards me with a frown.

"I... I feel... I feel like I'm gonna-"

I threw up.