Valentine's Day Special

“Happy – “Mason started before I stopped him right in the middle of his sentence.

“Don’t even say it,” I muttered putting my hand up. “I don’t want to hear anything about the V-word.”

“What V-word? Virginity, Vegan, Vegetable, Veterinarian, Valium,” Daniel said jumping into our conversation. I slapped him in the back of the head. Daniel’s level of intelligence never ceases to surprise me. It just doesn’t. I plopped down onto the couch, as the front door swung open. I glanced behind me to see Zack walk inside wearing an absurd amount of pink. He was obviously in the V-Day spirit. That or his job was forcing him to be festive. I didn’t know so many people wanted strippers on Valentine’s Day. I’m convinced that Zack does a little more than dance for his clients if you know what I mean.

“Happy Valentine’s Day,” Zack shouted slamming the door shut behind him. He gave Mason a kiss on the forehead and Daniel one on the cheek, before tossing a single red rose on my lap. I placed it on the table as he plopped down beside me, a wide grin on his face. Someone was in a happy mood.

“Will you be my Valentine Jayson?” he smirked gripping my chin in his hand, before firmly kissing me right on the lips.

“No thanks,” I retorted pushing him off of me. “I’m not that desperate.”

“Someone’s grumpy,” Zack chuckled. “But it’s fine. I already have a Valentine anyways. I have a smoking hot date tonight. You guys will come in your pants just looking at him. I met him online.”

I chuckled as soon as he said online. After Zack and I had broken up, he had begun trying his luck online. He was on a number of dating websites and he was trying to convince us to create accounts too. Apparently he was hooking up with some really hot guys which I find extremely hard to believe. Everyone knows that people lie online. They lie about their pictures, their hobbies, their weight, their height – Everything. It’s a complete waste of time.

“What’s his name?” Mason asked curiously.

“Better yet do you have a picture?” Daniel muttered squeezing in between Zack and I. Zack nodded pulling out his phone and opening up his profile. I rolled my eyes as we all stared at the guy Zack had a date with. I smirked at his username – ForkMe24.

“6 ft 4 28 year old top looking for love on V-Day,” Mason read out loud. “I enjoy hiking, bike riding, cooking, weight lifting and competitive eating winky face.”

“Yeah right,” I huffed. “I bet he’s five four, 30 years old, a bottom and he enjoys reality TV, eating chips, and watching internet porn.”

Zack shoved me. “You’re just jealous because you don’t have a date for Valentine’s Day. It’s not my fault you and Noah are on that year break. Maybe next year you two can celebrate together. For now just keep counting down the days.”

“Fuck off,” I retorted throwing one of the couch pillows at him. “And I wasn’t even thinking about Noah. I hate the institution of Valentine’s Day. Everyone knows the candy company came up with it just to get money!”

“That’s what day it is today!” Daniel said his eyes lighting up. “It’s Valentine’s Day.”

And on that note, I made my exit from the living room. They didn’t know anything. I didn’t need Noah. He was the last person on my mind. We were still maintaining a close friendship. I think he was playing the field. He wasn’t with anyone too serious. So he probably wasn’t even doing anything today anyways.  What am I saying? He’s young and hot! Of course, he has plans. I’m sure he has a ton of guys calling him for dates for today. But I’m not jealous. Noah has made it absolutely clear that I’m the only person he wants to be with and he’s respecting this whole year limit thing. I just think he needs to get all of this sex out of his system. That was the whole reason for the year. Noah’s young – Too young to settle down on one guy. It’s why our relationship failed in the first place.