Chapter 10: Predictions from the Unknown

Start from the beginning

There were no additional messages from that number after that message. Arman was now eagerly awaiting tomorrow to check if the individual was telling him the truth or not.

It was a fresh day and Arman was getting ready for college. "Are you sure you're okay to go? Don't you need more rest?" His mother asked, "Nah! I'm alright, ma," comforted Arman. "In fact, I'll become bored in the home, and second of all, sir wants to teach us an important topic today, which we can't afford to miss." "Okay then," his mother remarked, "but be cautious not to undertake much work that might put further strain on your wounds." "Yup, don't worry," Arman grinned.

It wasn't the lecture that made Arman so restless and eager to start college; it was the list of occurrences that the person had predicted would occur with him today. He examined the text message again: "10 a.m.- Professor Satish will not teach the topic of 'Editing process' but will teach the most easy topic, i.e. 'functions of an editor' since he is sick and wants to take a day off but couldn't obtain one, therefore he's on a half day."

Arman arrived to class before 10 a.m. to see for himself whether this was true. Ashita entered the classroom later and noticed Arman seated on the desk. "How come you're early for class?" Ashita inquired in surprise, "and shouldn't you be at home resting?" "I'm alright," Arman stated with a smile. "Oh alright. It's weird, but Sir is never late for his lectures." Ashita said, "What do you mean?" "His lecture was at 9:30 a.m.," she said, "but it's already 10, and he's not here."

Arman was ecstatic; the text was practically real. It was 10 a.m., and the professor had entered the classroom, just as the text had foretold. "Okay, class, today we won't examine the method but the functions of an editor because I'm not feeling well," stated the professor. "I intended to take a day off, but received a half-day instead." Now the remarks of the professor had shocked Arman. The text anticipated it correctly, but he dismissed it as a coincidence and remained calm. He took out his phone and read the following paragraph from the message: '12:30 pm- Ashita will almost fall off the stairs but will regain her balance and exclaim "Damn that was close, otherwise I would also get bandages over my body just like you" as a joke.' Arman waited patiently for the lecture to conclude before determining whether or not this would occur.

The lecture finished at 12:15. Arman and Ashita were removing their belongings from their desks and departing the classroom. "Wow, I arrived to college believing sir would teach the vital issue, but then this happened; who thought this would happen?" she asked. "Yeah," Arman replied, despite knowing what was about to happen.

They approached the stairway, and Ashita was not paying attention to where she was going. Soon, Ashita was likely to fall to down the stairs, and Arman rushed to catch her, but Ashita eventually regained her balance. "Damn that was close, otherwise I'd have bandages over my body like you," Ashita replied, chuckling. Arman was amazed. It happened precisely as predicted in the text. He opened the text message to read the following paragraph, which said, "12:35 pm- Ashita will point out towards Rajnath, and as soon as Rajnath sees you, he will flee away from the spot out of fear."

They were both walking towards the campus entrance when Ashita abruptly pointed in a direction and exclaimed, "Look, Rajnath." Arman looked up from his phone. Rajnath stared at Arman and dashed away. "That was bizarre," she remarked. "Leave it, who cares?" Arman said. Ashita agreed. Both headed to their homes.

"There you are, beta," a lady exclaims as she notices Arman enter his building. "Oh hey, aunty!" Arman addressed her, "How are you? I heard you were in the hospital," she said. "Yes, but I'm OK now." Arman said. "I was telling Abhimanyu to come see you, ask about your health, and check on you." "Thank you!" Arman answered and then said goodbye, preferring to bypass much of the conversation because he had already read the relevant information on the text. '12:42 pm- Mrs. Patil, your neighbor, will inquire about your health because she wishes to know why you were in the hospital. Avoid reacting much, saying that you need to relax and leave politely.

Arman returned to his room, flung his belongings to the floor, and hopped onto his bed. He took out his phone and began reading about the events that would occur next. '1 p.m.- You will fall asleep while reading this stuff. 6 p.m.- You'll get up and forget about everything, and I'll....' It was 1 p.m., and Arman fell asleep while reading the entire passage.

Finally, it was 6 p.m. As the book predicted, he neglected to read the entire thing and went to his desk to study. It was almost nighttime, and Arman had just completed studying.

~beep~

Arman took out his phone and looked for the text. It was the same number that has texted him since yesterday. 'I hope you believe me now; I did not text you right away since I knew you would start studying.' By now, the guy had earned Arman's trust. Arman responded back, "Who are you?"

~beep~

The reply was, "I already told you, didn't I?" I am your friend and here to help you :)'