Chapter 9: Wounded

"Where am I?" Arman said. He was in a dark room again, and his voice echoed throughout. "Wait! If I am not mistaken, this is the place where I dream of seeing that strange demon or something." Arman was correct; after falling unconscious, he began to dream again. "That's correct; Rajnath was beating the shit out of me; I must have passed out." Arman looked around for clues or anyone who could tell him what was going to happen. But all he found was solidarity. Arman said "Hello?" in his dreams, but received no response. "It's best if I wake up or so," Arman attempted, but all he could feel was pain in his body.

"What in the hell?"He asked, "How come I'm feeling pain in my dreams? This isn't reality; you don't feel pain in dreams. But then again, my dreams aren't ordinary, so anything is possible in mine," Arman said as he tended to his wounds, speculating on the situation. "How am I supposed to get out of here if I'm not going to wake up on my own?" he said, becoming irritated by now. He tried several methods to wake up from his sleep but failed repeatedly.

"Arman? "Are you awake?" a very recognizable voice asked. Arman awoke without incident to the sound he knew, but the pain was ten times more intense than it had been in his dream. Arman, attempting to open his eyes to see who was speaking to him, asked, "Where am I?" Standing next to him was Ashita. "Oh thank God, you're kind of okay," Ashita smiled and said, "You're in the hospital. Who did this to you?" she asked.

"Rajnath and his pals," said Arman, who was attempting to sit on the bed but was in a lot of agony. Ashita helped him to sit properly. "I felt something was wrong when he didn't come to college," she remarked angrily. "I'm so sorry I left you all alone, it's my responsibility." "Ashita, it's not your fault at all; it was supposed to happen, therefore it occurred," Arman promised. "How come you didn't see them?

"So they were the ones who harmed you! I guess they ran away when you fell asleep, believing you were dead," she said. "Dead?" He chuckled. "What a joke?" They did not cause me significant harm." Ashita's face turned blank, her eyes lifeless, as if she was taken aback by what Arman stated, "You have no idea, don't you?" "What do you mean?" he said suspiciously. "Well," she responded, taking a long breath. "When we discovered you, it was as if you had died."

Arman's eyes widened in horror. "How was this possible?" He had a thought. "The whole atmosphere was bizarre, especially with that old man," she added. "Wait! "What old man?" he said cautiously. "Tell me what occurred after I became unconscious."

"Okay! Here goes," she replied, "I had just gotten out of the toilet and was waiting for you when an old man approached me and said, 'Go, your buddy Arman is hurt in that lane.' I was really concerned and astonished. How did he know you were injured? I couldn't just believe the man since it may be bad for me. I turned back to ask the man how he knew about this, but he had gone from the scene, which was even worse. "Elderly guy?" Arman wondered in his mind, "is he the same old man I met that day?"

"But suddenly, from the lane he had indicated, I heard someone screaming. I raced towards the location, thinking it was you. When I saw you unconscious on the floor, I was going to call for help and call for an ambulance. Not many people responded, but before my phone could connect to the emergency room, an ambulance arrived and a few guys came out looking for me. This was strange since they claimed I had contacted them an hour earlier, even though I hadn't."

Arman felt uneasy about the whole situation. Why was he now experiencing so many strange things? Abruptly, he thought of the tall man in the black suit, the last thing he saw before losing consciousness. "Did you spot any tall guys dressed in black?" "No," she said to Arman, "there was no one except for you, why?" "Nothing, maybe it's only in my head."

Ashita's mobile phone rang. Arman's mother called to inquire on her son's wellbeing. She excused herself to talk to his mother. Arman was anxious because he knew how this would end at his house, with his mother being paranoid, his father being protective, and his sister wanting to know who did this to him. Despite this, he was more concerned about the fact that he was having trouble recalling specific specific details about the man wearing the black suit. He felt he saw the man without facial characteristics, which was impossible.