Epilogue

A soft breeze tickled my skin. The gentle rays of sunshine heated it up. The water trickled down a nearby stream.

Some time had passed since I first reached this place. I spent a considerable amount of time here, on a small hill behind the house. Occasionally, one of the animals would come over and investigate.

I would breathe in the scent of fresh air, enjoying the grass beneath me gently poking me.

It was paradise.

"Ryan!"

I opened my eyes as I heard my name being called from afar. Quickly, I got up and made my way to the house.

Brendon says I look so much healthier now. I felt like it too, death was no longer creeping over my shoulder, waiting for me to trip so he could finally take me.

My ribs were no longer showing. My bones didn't ache, and neither did my muscles. My hair was thicker and according to Brendon, even my skin had regained a healthy glow.

I stepped into the house through the back door and headed towards where voices could be heard in the living room. I recognised them almost immediately and a smile crept onto my lips.

"Jon! Spencer!" I exclaimed in delight, bursting through the door.

"Ryan!" They responded in unison and I was greeted by a bear hug from Jon.

"You look good," he laughed and Spencer nodded in agreement.

"How've you been?" I asked, sitting down next to Brendon on the couch, Spencer, Jon, and Penny sitting opposite of us.

"It's been alright. Got some more visits by the police, nothing serious."

"We've missed you," Jon admitted, glancing between Brendon and me.

"You can visit as often as you want to,"  I smiled and Brendon nodded in agreement.

¤¤¤

This world is unfair. This world is sad. This world is cruel. This world is crazy. This world is mad. This world is cold. This world is selfish. Maybe this world is another planet's hell.

That may be so. Yet there was also good in this world. I failed to notice it before, being to hung up in my own miseries to look past them, but there was good. It may not always be dominant, but it was there. No joy could be found without sorrow. No happiness could be found without sadness.

And no love could be found without countless heart breaks.

In times, this world was just. It had started making my endless suffering up to me. In times, this world was happy. Laughter could be found everywhere, if you only looked in the right places. In times, this world was compassionate. It gave us endless amount of sunshine, soft breezes and beautiful flowers to soothe our souls.
In times, this world was sane. It had rules which you had to follow, some of which weren't good, but all in all, they were necessary to keep out far worse evil. In times, this world was sensible. There was a balance found in everything. In times, this world was warm. It embraced you with the beauty of it's contents. In times, this world was altruistic. It gives us so much yet we give so little in return.

Maybe this world is another planet's hell, but if it is, that planet was pretty damn lucky.

¤¤¤

"Brendon?" I asked after blowing out the candle on the bedside table and pulling the blanket up to my chin.

"Mhm?" He responded, turning towards me and pulling me close.

"I love you," I whispered into his chest, placing soft kisses on it.

I could feel him smile against my skin.

"I love you too."

Read the next chapter it's important!