Chapter 10

I drifted in and out of sleep. My limbs were unmovable, I couldn't even open my eyes, it seemed. But when I did, I saw hazy versions of my mother standing by my bed, talking to whoever came over: Elena, Bonnie, Alaric. Damon and Stefan were the one's who carried me home. Klaus left and Rebekah followed, trying to find him.

Though I couldn't see them, I could hear them:

"Will she be okay?" I heard my mother's worried voice.

"Of course. This has happened before." Came Stefan's gentle voice.

"I can't get ahold of Rebekah, or Klaus." Damon came in.

"Of course Klaus wouldn't pick up. We tried to kill him." Stefan replied with a duh.

"Isn't there anything we can do?" Asked my mother, practically pleading.

"Not until the vervain clears." Damon said.

"You can't give her any of your blood? Nothing?"

"Again, not until the vervain clears. If we bite her, we'll get the vervain in our systems, and be virtually useless." Stefan told her, calming her down.

"Last time, Klaus's blood saved her."

"That's the problem. His is the only blood that can." Damon said, walking back and forth. "But he's gone. And I highly doubt he's coming back."

"Rebekah went looking for him-" Stefan started.

"What a big help she is. She practically killed Caroline." Damon spat.

"No, a hybrid almost killed Caroline." Stefan corrected.

"Will she make it?" Demanded my mother. There was a stretched silence that seemed to go on forever.

"Not without Klaus's blood." Stefan said quietly. My mother gave a little cry.

"Let's go. She needs her rest." Stefan said, and ushered everyone out. Finally I had time to myself. I kept struggling to keep my eyes open. But when I got them open, it seems easier. I looked around. The sky outside was black, so I figured it was still nighttime, but when I looked at my alarm clock, it was nine the next night.

I sat up slowly and leaned back into my pillows. Rebekah still had my phone, so I couldn't call anyone unless I got the landline, which obviously was out of reach.

Instead, I grabbed a book on my nightstand and flipped through it. Too boring. I spotted a magazine and read that instead. I was reading an article on Brangelina when my door creaked open.

"I thought I heard you." Said Damon, closing the door behind him.

"How's my mom?" I asked, tossing the magazine to the side with no effort because I was so weak.