Chapter 2- Klaus POV

I watched Caroline walk back to her car, shoulder's slumped. I'd been harsh with her, that I know, but she was planning with the Salvatore brother's to kill me.

I lied when I said that I was entertaining. I really said it to make her mad, but I saw a hint of jealousy in her eyes. Maybe she felt for me what I felt for her. I was marveled with every move she made.

I sighed and closed the curtain to the window, walking back into my study. I looked at the ashes in the fireplace, the remnants of my drawings. I only burned a few, the ones of Caroline, but not the one I drew for her. When I took it from her room, I kept it in a frame beside my bed. I was smitten, as Rebekah called it.

"Klaus?" The front door slammed. Speak of the devil. I walked out and saw her standing there with her hands on her hips.

"Yes, Rebekah?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"I ran into you're little love interest today, and I must say, Klaus, you can do much better." She said, walking into the kitchen and pouring a glass of wine.

"You saw Caroline?" I straightened up and followed her.

"Yes, and I talked to the little wench too." She took a sip of the wine and studied me.

"Don't call her that." I warned, watching her smile.

"You are hopeless, dear brother." She poured the glass of wine down the sink and sat the glass down.

"There's just something about her." I told her, and she rolled her eyes.

"She's dangerous, Klaus. She tried to kill you. Us." She walked towards me. "What makes you think she won't do it again?"

Without waiting for a reply, she walked off, leaving me thinking about it. Caroline wouldn't try to kill me again, would she? Did she even the first time?

I followed Rebekah. "What is it that you don't like about her?"

She sighed and turned around. "Klaus, she's using you. You can't trust someone like her. She's with the Salvatore brothers, and her ex-boyfriend is a werewolf. She's got connections. She'll try to bring you to her level." She touched my arm. "I'm not telling you what to do, just be careful." She turned and walked up the stairs.

I stayed up almost all night, thinking about Caroline. Her smile was what first attracted me. She acted as if she didn't have a care in the world, yet at the same time, she was deep and down to earth. Who couldn't like her?

There was a knock at my door, waking me from my thoughts.

"Klaus?" Elijah poked his head in. I motioned him to come in all the way.

"Elijah." I sat up, leaning against my pillows.

He sat in the chair across from my bed. "I saw Caroline today. Before and after." He said, looking at me knowingly.

"Before and after when?"

"Before she came to see you, and after." He gave me a look.

"How'd she look?" I asked, trying not to sound like I cared.

"What did you say to her?" He asked, ignoring the question.

"Elijah, I don't want to talk about this now." I laid back down and rolled over.

"Klaus, you're just avoiding the inevitable." He got up and closed my door.

Sorry Klaus' part is so super short! There's really not much I can write yet!