The Proposal

The day has come. This is it. This is really it.

I nervously glanced for the last time at the small box on my hand. I smiled as I grazed my fingertip on the velvet box, then I slowly opened it, revealing a very simple yet beautiful ring.

The ring she had been dreaming of. The ring that will signify our promise to each other. The ring that will serve as a connection between me and her.

"You ready?" Jimin who is sitting beside me asked. He's the one who will accompany me in going to the restaurant. The rest of the members are already there, making sure that
everything is prepared.

I took a deep breath before giving him an assuring smile. "I'm always ready, but still I can't help but feel nervous. It's like my heart is going to explode anytime."

Jimin chuckled and patted my shoulders, "If you're already feeling like this, what more on your wedding? Yoy better not faint on your wedding day or else I will replace you as the groom!" He threatens me.

My eyes widened, "Yah! Don't you dare!" I glared at him and playfully punch his arm.

He laughed as he dodge my punches, "Okay dude. Chill. I already made a promise to you and Dahyun that I will support your relationship. Even though I'm still on the verge of moving on, I am not greedy enough to be enemies with my friend. And besides, Dahyun chose you. You're the only one who can make her happy." His became serious, so am I. "You two deserve to be happy. And I, as your friend, deserve to see both of you to be happy."

I smiled, "Thanks bro." We gave each other a brotherly hugged. Jimin patted my back for the last time before I pulled out, "So I guess this is really it."

Jimin nodded, "It's now or never, Kookie. Go get the "Yes" you've been wanting to hear. Well, umm, even though she already said "Yes" before, but still this will be a formal way for you to hear it, right?" He scratched his head and we both laughed, "Whatever. Just get your girl!"

"Fine fine fine," I said as I put the ring on my pocket, "I'll see you later, hyung."

Jimin just nodded before I went out the car. I took another deep breath before entering the restaurant. "This is really it."

---

Thirty minutes had passed and this will the fourth time that I enter the comfort room.

God. This marriage proposal thing is not easy to deal with. I feel like dying from too much nervousness.

I still need to wait for another thirty minutes before this officially begin. Another thirty minutes of agony.

"Hey, you okay there?" Suga hyung asked as he knocked on the door. I can hear them laughing which made me want to throw up even more.

"I wish this will be over now so the butterflies in my stomach will stop flocking!" I said as I wiped my mouth.

The boys started to laugh even more.

I admit, their teasings and laughs slightly made me feel at ease.

"You will regret saying that. Because the moment Dahyun showed up, I bet you will say to yourself that you wish this moment will not end soon," Jin hyung said.

He is right.

Everytime I see Dahyun, my world stops, and I like it. I like being with her for a long time.