Happier

The thunder claps and the rain heavily comes down as you walk away from the front yard of Shawn's house. You wanted to apologise.

As you walk down the dim street, you kick a pebble as you sigh at yourself.

"Y/N! Wait!" A voice echoes in the distance.

That voice belonged to Shawn.

You stop dead in your tracks, still looking down at your feet. You felt ashamed, hurt, confused.

You are directly in front of Shawn, and you're still looking down at your feet, feeling too weak to look up.

He done this to you, you shouldn't be feeling this way.

"Why?" You barely breathe out shakily, shuddering at the rain interrupts. You look up at Shawn, only to be met with hazel eyes full of guilt and compassion.

"Y/n, let me explain-"

"Shawn, can't you see me? I walked half an hour, waited on your doorstep for as long as I could possibly imagine, I'm drenched in rain. I tried, I wanted us to work, I thought we had a chance. Yet all you ever done was deny it. I thought you felt the same way I felt about you-" you choke between your words as the tears brimmed in your eyes.

"- but I guess I was wrong. I'm hurting, can't you see?" Why do you only want me when I'm taken Shawn?" You look at him intensely, his eyes burning into yours, but you felt too ashamed to look anymore, causing you to look back down at the ground.

"Y/n, I-I guess I'm just always wrong, when you asked me if I had feelings for you, I said no. The truth was I actually did have feelings, I still do. I was too much of a coward to admit it. But seeing you with him, you look happier, you do. I'd smile to hide the truth, but I was happier with you. I can't stand seeing you with someone else, because I know that person should be me, I should be the one to hold you, to be able to love you. To be the one who's able to kiss you every morning and night and everything between that. I should've said yes, but I don't know why I said no. Please, give me a chance, I won't screw up like I did last time." When he finishes, he slowly lifts your chin up with his two warm fingers.

"Shawn, I don't know w-what to say-"

Your eyes meet his as you try and smile for him, although you could still feel the icy bullets shoot straight through your frail heart from the poisonous words he said not long ago.

"I don't have feelings for you."

"Can I trust you this time?" You ask him, whispering. He looks at you dead in the eyes and nods his head.

You lean in as your lips gently brush his, Shawn gently pushes your cheek to the side so that his warm, honeysuckle lips are attached with yours. Your eyes flutter shut at the feeling of satisfaction and joy. He was the one. The cold vanished from your heart.

This felt right. This was how it was supposed to be; like this.

---
A/n: kinda inspired by 'Happier' by Ed  Sheeran. Some of the lyrics are in there :)

~Hanna