Chapter 17

"Dinah," someone whispered, sending a chill down the girl's spine. Humming, her eyes stayed shut, attempting to continue sleeping. "Dinah--baby wake up," she heard. Opening one eye, she pulled her girlfriend into her bed, covering her up as well. Kissing her neck, Dinah remembered to be gentle. "Morning, babies," she mumbled into her neck, kissing her skin lovingly. Normani smiled, bringing Dinah's lips to meet hers. Dinah melted into her girl's arms, moaning as they kissed. Struggling to keep her eyes open, the kiss slowly faded into slumber. Cooing at her girlfriend, she cuddled with her as she slept.

She was frightened to hear Dinah mumbling something in her sleep. When her words became clearer, she held onto her girlfriend with a death grip. Dreaming about losing her girlfriend again made Dinah shiver. It sent tears alongside worry, causing her to burst into tears. "Mani, please don't leave!" She screamed. Normani shook her frantically, badly needing to wake her up. The troubled female continued yelling for her lover, only to be slapped. Jumping awake in disbelief she stared at her girlfriend angrily. "What the fuck, Mani!" She exclaimed. "What? You're over here yelling like you've lost your fucking mind," Normani yelled back.

Each of them taking a deep breath, came back to reality. Dinah pulled her girlfriend in for a hug, apologizing for yelling at each other. "What's up with you though--with the whole I'm leaving you thing," Normani addressed. Frowning Dinah held onto her girlfriend tightly as she spoke. "I feel like this isn't even real...that one of these days I'll wake up and you'll be gone. It'll be like I never even got you back," she explained, her eyes watering. Hugging the trembling teen, she comfortingly rubbed her back. Hearing light sobs from Dinah, she let her get it out of her system. "I'm real, I'm not going anywhere. I promise you you'll always be mine and I'll always be yours," she said, kissing the top of her head. Wanting to give Dinah a promising future together was Normani's wishes and hopes but eventually everyone runs out of time.