Chapter 13

Dinah woke up the next morning to no one. Her heart filled with panic, thinking it was all a dream. She angrily pushed everything off her dresser, collapsing onto the floor in tears. It was just a dream. Her room door opened.
"Dinah? What the hell are you doing?" Someone asked. She looked up to see Normani standing at her door.
"Mani?" She shouted, running to her arms. Dinah held her love tight yet gentle.
"What's wrong with you? Are you oka–"

Dinah squealed, hugging her girlfriend happily. Normani felt uneasy, she hadn't been in the real world for long and strange things had began to happen to her.
"Dinah, t-this morning I was bleeding and your mom told me to use these" she said, pulling out pads from behind her back. "I don't understand, why's this happening to me? Am I dying?" She asked getting worried.
   "No, you're not. It's a natural thing girls have to deal with every month" she said, and they climbed back in bed. "Basically, girls have these things called eggs inside their area and one each month passes out of down there, if it's not fertilized by a boy's sperm it'll cause blood and pain" she explained.
"Damn being real is hard. It was easier as an illusion" Normani said.
   "C'mon, don't say that. You'll get used to it" Dinah said.

Normani relaxed at her best ability in Dinah's arms. Complaining about the pain here and there, but mainly comfort. Normani's head lay in Dinah's lap as they watched tv. Dinah massaged her stomach gently, trying to make her feel better.
"Babe? I'm sorry for the whole run around thing, we were just taking a while to get intact with this world" she apologized. Dinah leaned down, giving her a slow, passionate kiss. A little tongue action made Normani sit up. Each kiss beyond was slow and heartfelt.
    "Aw, y'all are too cute" Dinah's mom said from the door.
   "Mom! Hoiii, can never get enough of you" Dinah laughed. Deep down Dinah was glad her mother accepted her and her girlfriend. Looking back, she felt silly for crying so much, but maybe it was worth it.