Chapter 13

Lucy's POV

As I followed Seiza into the guild, Alex walked behind me, when we got inside I saw everything was the same as always. Natsu and Gray's fight caught my attention "Of course I'm going out with Lucy you stupid ice prick why would I lie about that, just wait until she comes back and I'll show you" I smiled, I knew Natsu wouldn't forget me. I let go of Seiza's paw and walked over to the fighting boys and stood behind Natsu, he didn't notice me so I leaned on his back and wrapped my arms around his waist, "Gray why would he lie about going out with me" Gray didn't say anything, he froze and looked at me in shock, Natsu quickly turned around in my arms and had shock written all over his face "Your ... your back, is it you really? Luce" I smiled at Natsu and replied "It is me Natsu" he smiled back at me and kissed me shocking me but I kissed back "Get a room" Seiza and Happy said at the same time causing us along with everyone else to laugh.

Time skip

I had been back for a while now, everyone was doing their normal thing in the guild as I sat next to Natsu reading a book while he ate. "Everybody listen up" Everyone turned their heads and looked up to see the master stood on the second floor looking down at everyone. "I have received a letter from the magic council, we have been invited to take part in a magic competition between guilds to see who comes out as number one. I must pick 5 people to take part.

For Fairy tail team A we have:

Natsu

Lucy

Gray

Erza

and finally Wendy

There will also be a backup which is Elfman

So, congratulations to everyone who got chosen to the rest of you better luck next year" Master walked back into his office and the blanket of silence that once covered the guild was now lifted and everyone began to party.

Time skip

(A/N, I missed out training because I didn't have time to write it and I wanted to just skip to the actual games, Sorry if any of you wanted me to write the training, I've also made a few changes and if you don't like it I'm sorry about that)

We were all laying in our beds waiting for the clock to strike midnight to see what would happen, the clock struck 12, the steady rhythm of chimes echoed around the room.

"ATTENTION ALL CONTEST PARTICIPATING IN THIS YEARS GRAND MAGIC GAMES, GOOD MORNING" I climbed out of bed whilst Natsu and Gray ran to the window "Look up there" they both called out, we walked on to the balcony to see a hologram of a pumpkin headed man.

"TO NARROW DOWN THE 113 GUILDS PARTICIPATING IN THIS YEARS GAMES TO A MORE MANAGEABLE 8 LETS BEGIN THE PRELIMINARY ROUND"

"What I didn't know there was 113 guilds and isn't that a bit mean to kick 105 guilds out of the games. Saying that it is the magic council so I'm not surprised" I spoke up taking the minute silence to my advantage. "There is no need to worry we will come first place I know it" said Natsu as he looked at the maze in the sky.

"ALTHOUGH THE NUMBER OF GUILDS INCREASE AND MULTIPLY EACH YEAR, THE GAMES HAVE GOTTEN BORING NOW IS ALL I EVER HEAR, SO LETS MAKE A NEW GAME AND THAT'S WHAT I DID, LETS WIGGLE THEM DOWN I SAY TO YOU AND GIVE JUST 8 A CHEER. THE RULES FOR THIS PRELIMINARY ROUND ARE SIMPLE" the inn slowly began to shake and raise from the solid ground below. "What's happening the inn is rising up" said a scared Wendy.

I walked over to Wendy grabbing hold of her to make sure she didn't fall. "Look the other ones are rising up to" shouted Gray as we all walked onto the balcony.

"NOW YOU WILL ALL BE PARTICIPATING IN A RACE, THE FINISH LINE IS AT THE DOMUS FLAU COLISEUM ONLY THE FIRST 8 TEAMS TO REACH IT WILL MOVE ON TO THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES" a wooden path started to slowly appear in front of us "That's a path" said Natsu "I never would have guessed" replied Gray.

"YOURE FREE TO USE MAGIC IN ANY WAY YOU SEE FIT, THERE ARE NO RESTRISTIONS BUT REMEMBER ONLY THE FIRST 8 TEAMS TO REACH THE FINISH LINE WILL CLEAR THIS ROUND. HOWEVER ALL 5 TEAM MEMBERS MUST CROSS THE GOAL FOR IT TO COUNT" we were all shocked but we knew we could do it.

"ONE MORE THING WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF LIFE THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE LABYRINTH. SO WITHOUT FURTHER A DUE LET THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES PERLIMINARY ROUND SKY LABYRINTH BEGIN" I looked at my team then at the giant maze floating in the sky. "We can do this guys" I said, we all began to run across the slightly sturdy wooden bridge making sure not to fall off.

(A/n sorry everyone I'm going to skip to the end so I can start the actual games and I just wanted to get this chapter up, Sorry again)

Time skip

"Elfman Strauss, Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel. Woohoo, Congratulations team Fairy tail you've cleared the preliminary round" The Pumpkin headed Mato shouted "We made it" Natsu replied followed by Gray "Why do you sound so surprised I knew we where going to make it", I decided it was my turn to speak up "I'm dying to know did we come in first place".

Mato son replied "eeeeeerrr no, more like 8th place" we all stood in shock and looked at him 8th place "You just barely qualified" "8TH PLACE" we all shouted in sync.

___________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry for all the time skips and the probably crappy chapter, I hope you enjoyed it anyway. I don't know when I will be updating again because I'm busy with exam prep and school having less than 2 months left until my GCSE's. Bye for now - Hayley