Chapter 3: Mook's

*Bala’s P.O.V. *

I pull up to Jimmie’s the block is hot so you know everybody staring. Jimmie’s is an old soul food restaurant that been around for forever. They have the best ribs and chicken you’ll ever have…well next to my ribs and chicken. I hop out of my truck and I immediately hear thirsty ass niggas trying to talk to me.

“Aye ma, can I talk to you for a second”

“Damn baby, you need to bring that over here”

“You should come do a nigga a favor”

            I simply roll my eyes and flip a bird at these Thirsty ass niggas. See I don’t fuck with other niggas unless they benefit me and if I’m fucking you I’m loyal to yo ass. But once you fuck that up, you better hope I don’t have genuine feelings for yo ass because if I do then you better watch the fuck out. Oh and if you cheat….I’m kill you and that home wrecking hoe.

“Hey Pree” I say to my little cousin as I open the door to Jimmie’s and the smell of fried chicken greets me.

“Wassup Bee?” Pree replied as she slid on a new set of gloves to get my food ready.

            Pree is my little cousin on my mom’s side, she’s only 19, and full blood Philipino and kind of looks like me only a little bit lighter, she’s 5’0, and she has shoulder length wavy hair. She may look a lot like me but she doesn’t act like me. My little cousin is soft, naïve, I be trying to get her to buck up but she been a little too sheltered. She doesn’t really have a back bone.

“Same shit different day, what about you?” I said all nonchalant. I really do mean same shit different day, shootings and all.

“Same here, going to work and taking care of Blue.” Blue is Pree’s boyfriend. They’ve been together for 2 years. He’s light brown skin, honestly don’t know what she sees in him either, this nigga can’t keep a job and he has baby mom drama. I don’t know why she deals with that shit, but to each’s own. So being the great big cousin that I am, I give her some advice.

“You’re getting your usual right?” she asked.

“Yea and make Smoke a plate, you know he eat every damn thing.”

“You would know.” She joked and smirked at me

“Yes I would…and you need to handle Blue ass”

Her smile dropped and she instantly got quiet. I narrow my eyes, what the fuck is this nigga doing to my little cousin.

“Girl, why do you keep doing shit for his bitch ass? You need to tell his ass to man the fuck up and get a damn job because a man that don’t work don’t eat. Oh and tell him that if he don’t handle his baby momma, that I will personally handle it.” I said to her as she started scooping up some macaroni.

“I just…” she falls short on her answer. I look at her suspiciously.

“You know what don’t worry about it…but you do know that you can tell me anything, right?” I said lowering my voice so that the other nosey ass workers won’t hear anything.

“Yea, I know…” she said in a slightly happier tone.

“Good, now enough of this emotional shit, so you coming to Nika’s BBQ?”

“Yea, why?”

“Because I heard that Arrow and his crew coming through.” I smirked as I watch her try to hold in a smile.

“Well then you know I’m a be there then. But wait what time does it start.”

“7, so be there.” I said as I reached into my pocket and pulled out my Michael Khors wallet and gave her a 50.