Late night drive

They sat in the car late that night, driving around aimlessly. The girls both fast asleep in the back. She drew circles over his tight, "Talk to me baby." He asked softly, "I don't want to dwell on it but you leave in three days... I go back to being alone, waking alone, the bed being cold... I'll just miss you." He moved his hand from the gear stick as squeezed her thigh. "Tell me something good." She uttered, he breathed heavily. "When we younger, I use to walk you to school... And you got upset one morning because you had lost your hair bow." She smiled "And you walked back the way we came to find it." He nodded "We were late due to that stupid bow... but it made you happy." He chuckled, she laughed "You didn't have to get it." "Hm. That's what you say now at the time, all hell would have broke out." She laughed and kissed his cheek, stoking it gently.

"Sometimes forever doesn't seem long enough, to be with you." She exhaled "We have eternity." He glanced, "I don't even think that's enough... Where are we even going?" "You wanted a drive... You got a drive." He chuckled, she looked out the windows into the pool of black. "How far from home are we?" "Pretty far." She nodded "Shall I drive back?" She shook her head "Keep driving... it's nice the four of us."

She turned up the radio, a smirk gaining on his lips realising the song. "Now I'm falling asleep And she's calling a cab While he's having a smoke And she's taking a drag Now they're going to bed And my stomach is sick And it's all in my head But she's touching his chest Now, he takes off her dress Now, let me go-" "You are one of a kind Miss.Chase." She smiled "This song is good... Really good." She stated, "Is it?" He teased, "Yes." She quipped "It's so old." "Exactly... the memories." She leaned into his arm.

"What other throwback songs are good?" He chuckled, "Sex on fire, use somebody, I wish I was a punk rocker,  chasing cars-" He glanced over and smiled causing her to stop. "What?" "So ever song from the 2000s." "Not every." She rolled her eyes, "Jay..." "Hm." He glanced "Can we get some food... I'm hungry." She pouted, "Just this once." He teased, she sat up on her knees, kissing his cheek.

"Promise me you won't leave me once you're back." "Con. I promise, I'm never leaving you or this family again... You'll be sick of me before you know it." "I'll never be sick of you... Ever." He pulled up in a service station, claiming her lips "First and only." He stated, "First and only." She smiled. "You best get the girls something, they'll probably wake." She smiled, he nodded "understood boss."

Connie was right, while Jacob was inside Emily woke. She rubbed her eyes and yawned, clinging to her teddy "Mummy." She spoke sleepily, "Yes baby." "Where are we? Where is Daddy?" "We are still driving... Daddy's gone to get food." "He's not left yet has he? He has to say goodbye... He promised to say goodbye." "No baby, Em, I promise he hasn't left yet okay?" "Mummy... When Daddy leaves will me and Miyah get in bed with you again? So you don't feel alone?... That's what Miyah said." Connie exhaled "I'm not too sure." "Miyah also said, she use to here you cry for Daddy sometimes... But I told her that was silly because you don't cry... You're the bestest Mummy ever." Connie looked and smiled, leaning over and unclipping her daughter seatbelt helping her to climb onto her knee. "And you're the bestest Emily ever." Emily kissed her mothers cheek "I love you Mummy." "I love you most." "When Daddy does leave, me and Miyah will look after you Mummy... I promise." Connie rubbed her thigh, "I don't need looking after Princess... I look after you." Emily shook her head "Daddy says we look after eachother." Connie smiled and shook her head laughing, "Well I don't need looking after by my babies okay?" She nodded and hugged her tightly.