Chapter 31

Freshers week, everyone was out partying where Jacob and Connie sat at home curled up watching films. Connie sighed, "Sweetcheeks?" "This just doesn't feel like our home Jacob, I miss our home." She looked, he looked at her sadly "I miss it too, but this is our home for the next few years." Connie nodded and kissed his cheek, "Can we get a babysitter for tomorrow night?" He hummed "Not like you to want a babysitter." "I know but we need to get to know people Jacob." She smiled, he nodded "Sounds like a plan." She cuddled back into him, "We could go into town tomorrow day if you fancy a trip out?" He suggested, she nodded "Alright." She smiled.

-----------

After putting Miyah to bed, the pair were finally ready to leave. They left their number for the babysitter and left to join a party somewhere. They linked arms as she rested her head on his shoulder, walking slowly. "Everything okay?" He asked kindly, "Yeah, it's just been a while." He kissed her head, "You can say that again." She laughed and kissed his cheek, "I'm greatful we had her." She looked, "Me too, how come?" He smiled, "Well maybe if we haddn't had her we wouldn't be here now... stronger than ever." She smiled, "Maybe not." He looked at the reacher the outside of a bar, "Right, Give us a twirl." He smiled, she rolled her eyes with a laugh and twirled around. He hummed pulling on her hips, kissing her both deepening before breaking directory air. He slapped her bottem "Right let's go." He chuckled, she laughed "You're an idiot." "But I'm your idiot." He winked.

They walked in and went to the bar, Connie stood a little back. A unknown man walked in, "Hey... first year?" He smiled, she nodded "I'm Adrian... Call me Fletch, may I just say you look stunning." Connie rolled her eyes, "Connie... I'm engaged." She added pointing to the ring that sat comfortably on her finger. Fletch nodded "Sorry." "It's fine." She smiled, Jacob came over and handed her a drink. "Thank you." She smiled, "You're welcome Sweetcheeks." "You can come and join me and some others over here if you like?" Fletch suggested, the pair nodded and made their way over following him. They did their introductions before taking a seat. "Are you two an item?" Ric inquired, she laughed, "Oh so you aren't a couple?" He clarified, "No! No! We are... ten years in a couple of weeks." She smiled, everyone's eyes widened "Ten? That means you would a have been tougher since you were eight?" Jacob nodded kissing her temple.

"Well well well, look who it is." A familiar voice called, Connie stood up "Jac!" She squeeled embracing her. "You never said you were coming here." Jac looked, "I didn't think you were coming here." Jacob hugged her too "You alright?" "Yeah, good good." She smiled as they all sat down. After a while everyone else started to become a little drunk, "We really are old before our time aren't we?" She laughed into his ear, he hummed "Clubbings never been our thing." Connie looked up to see Jac kissing someone, "She's going to have one sore head." She laughed, "So is he like your favourite person?" A woman called Mo asked, Connie shook her head "Second." "Who's your first?" "Our daughter." Mo nodded "How old is she?" "Two." "You were sixteen? Hats off to you two I mean, ten years and a bab. You two must be destined." She smiled sincerely before going off to dance. The pair looked around to see they were the only ones sat there "Home?" He looked at her, she nodded "Tonight was good... but it's not very us." She smiled, "agreed."

They got back home and payed the babysitter, Connie peered around Miyah's door to see her fast asleep cuddling her teddy, Jacob peered around too, they both stood smiling for a few seconds before Jacob pulled her back shutting the door quietly. "Allow me too take you to bed Miss.Chase." She giggled as he dragged her back to the bed.