Chapter 27

"Miyah... there is no need for all these tears." Connie sighed lifting her out the cot, only for Miyah to continue on screeching. "Miyah, baby calm down." Connie sighed, tired herself. She began to fling herself around in temper, "Miyah, stop it... right you need a nap." Connie placed her back in the cot, watching as she continued to move around still screaming. She sat in the living room, hearing the screams from her over tired daughter, fighting the urge to go and get her. She cleaned away the few toys that were out before sitting back down, she looked to the clock and sighed. Jacob was late back. She threw her head in her hands as the crying didn't stop.

Jacob came through, "You deal with her, I've tried everything." Connie snapped unintentionally before going into the bedroom. "Yeah, sure... love you to." He mumbled to himself, before going into Miyah. He lifted her out and swayed with her gently, he noticed how her eyes began to flutter. Quietly he placed her back in the cot before coming into the bedroom, to she Connie lay flat out on the bed. He too came and lay down, "Don't speak to me." She groaned before hugging him tightly. He held her for a while, "What's wrong?" He asked gently, "All day... all day it's been that constant screaming if something doesn't go her way." Connie sighed, "I've had little sleep, then when I thought she'd go for a nap like normal, she screams, so I can't even do that. Then you come home and settle her in minutes-" "Woah sweetcheeks, she'd probably tired herself out crying." He looked, she nodded and exhaled deeply. "It's just been one of those days... sorry for snapping." He shook his head "I know, you don't need to apologise." She smiled softly, placing a gentle kiss on his lips. "Now, I suggest you have a nap too-" "I have dinner to make." He shook his head "No, we could order in or I could try-" "Order in." She laughed gently, "What are you trying to say Chase." "You're an awful cook." She smirked, "I would argue but I mean we both know that I am... it's still weird to be calling you Chase again." She hummed sadly, he kissed her head "Sorry." She frowned "What are you sorry for?" "I know that it upsets you." "It's fine Jay... I promise." He smiled "Right, I'll leave you to it." He went to get up and leave when she grabbed him "Stay." She smiled, he rolled his eyes "Only because I love you." "I love you too."

He soon heard Miyah crying again, he slipped away from Connie and got her. She cuddled into him, still obviously tired he rubbed her back and kissed her head. Lying down on the sofa with her, allowing her to wake up "Shall we get you some dinner and have a bath before bed princess?" He ran his hand through her tight curls as she lay in his chest. She eventually sat up and looked around, "Would Miyah like some dinner?" Jacob smiled, before placing her on the floor to play. He warmed up her dinner, before hearing the exact same screeching he'd walked in the house to hear. "Miyah." He looked watching as she tried to pull a toy out the box but couldn't, he came and picked her up "Someone's in a bad mood today aren't they?" He sighed rocking her as he walked to the kitchen to feed her.

She smiled as she heard giggles erupt from the bathroom, she entered as smiled watching Jacob playing with her while she sat in the bath. Quietly she came and sat on his lap, he kissed her shoulder "You alright Sweetcheeks?" "Yeah." She smiled resting back against him, "Don't worry, she wasn't just crying with you." He laughed, "Why?" "She couldn't get a toy out the box." She rolled her eyes "Someone's got a bad temper today." Connie looked tickling her gently making her giggle, "You can say that again." He laughed. They both washed her, before getting her out and wrapping her up in a towel taking her to her room, while Jacob made her milk. Connie lay her on the bear rug as she dried her and got her dressed, in her pyjama's. Connie lifted her up and kissed her head lovingly, "You know you can be a pain sometimes?... I suppose it's a bit like you dad." She teased hearing him enter, he laughed "But you wouldn't have us any other way." He smirked before taking Miyah and sitting down, Connie kissed her head gently "Night Baby." She whispered before leaving Jacob to put her to bed.

She lay her head on his lap as they watched tv, waiting for their food. "I never asked how you shift was." She looked, "Fine, it was just work." He laughed, she nodded and smiled "Thank you for before." "We're a family Con, you don't need to thank me." She nodded before turning on her side to watch the tv, while he ran his and up and down her side. 1