[1.1] || The Hidden Treasure (PG)

This one-shot is dedicated to Poetic_dreamer_. Please vote and comment below what you think. I wrote this for a class task and thought that you guys might appreciate the first edition to the "Erotic one-shots" collection (Though I edited it before handing to the teacher).

*UPDATE:- (06/10/2019)
-I'm in the process of writing Part 2, but I'll edit (this) in the future.

-||WARNING||
Contains: themes of homophobia, negative discussions of sexuality/(uncertain identity???), hints at depression, ***

-DISCLAIMER: This story is all my own work.

-Plot: Michael comes out as Gay to his family and gets kicked out. After calling his friend 'Alec' to pick him up, they head to his friend's apartment. Along the way, he also comes out to Alec and discovers their hidden feelings for each other.

-Dedicated to: Poetic_dreamer_

The Hidden Treasure
[Fluff/Sad/BoyxBoy]

Michael wears a mask every day so that no-one can see who he truly is, acting like everything is alright, that nothing bothers him, that he doesn't feel alone despite being surrounded by people.

Being brought up in a strict Christian family, he was forced to create the mask that he would wear around everyone, including his friends, playing the 'perfect child' for his parents' Christian ideologies, that their eldest son would find himself a good Christian wife and have many kids to continue the bloodline and teach their Christian beliefs. If only they knew.

One Friday afternoon after Michael finished after-school soccer practice, he had a quick shower, got changed and then started the 20 minute walk home from school. Since discovering his sexuality, Michael would constantly speculate what his parents reaction would be if he told them he was gay. He thought of two possible outcomes. The first being that they would accept him, regardless of who he loved. The second would be that they condemn him for his "perversions", call him a sinner and an abomination, kick him out of the house and cut off all connections to him. As he loved both his parents very much and relied on them for many things, he hoped that they went with the first option.

Michael felt the uneasiness in his stomach grow the further he walked up the steps of his parent's intimidating, double-storey house. Using the spare key he pulled out of his pocket, he unlocked the door and closed it behind him before making his way up the stairs to his bedroom. After entering his room, he threw his bag onto his bed and shut the door closed before he began pacing nervously, contemplating his parents' reaction to what he planned to tell them that night at the dinner-table.

Before long, he heard the loud banter of his younger siblings increasing as they entered the house, accompanied by the sound of his mother and father reprimanding them for their childish behaviour. Knowing that dinner was close by made his heart-beat rapidly increase. He was so sure his heartbeat was so loud that they could hear it from all the way upstairs.

When Michael heard his mother call him down for dinner, he took his time walking down the stairs to the dinner table where the rest of his family were already seated; his mother and father on either end of the table and his three 9 year old younger sisters, Eden, Mary and Elisha, along the side. When his father saw that everyone was seated, he closed his eyes, faced down and clasped his hands in prayer.

"Oh Lord our Heavenly Father, we thank you for all that you have given us; the food we eat, the clothes we wear and the love we share with our family," he said looking at his wife and children before looking down again, "and unto you. We ask that you may continue to bless us with these gifts and that when the time comes, that you bless our children with a good Christian husband or wife and that they may be blessed with many children so that they may carry on and continue to teach the right way, the Christian way as you once did when you allowed your son to walk the earth to forgive us of our sins. We thank you in Jesus' name, amen." Immediately after Michael's father finished his prayer, the family began eating dinner. His mother then spoke, asking everyone how their day went. Michael's younger sister, Eden, replied first.