Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23
~
>Marcus's POV< (Mwahaha)
~
Getting the kid was easy, he was a fairly fast runner I have to say, but Jim was faster, getting him to cooperate however was not going as planned.
~
Jim thru him in the back seat and I quickly locked the doors before I started driving, but he didn't try to open them anyway, he sort of just sat there, staring at me and didn't answer any of the questions I asked.
~
If he was trying to be intimidating it wasn't working, the kid was as scary-looking as a puppy.
~
I had swiped the kid's phone from his locker earlier today, which was fairly difficult, no matter how good I am at picking locks it's always hard to make it look casual in a crowd full of people.
~
So far Sky was buying the story that I was texting him using the kid's phone, either I was a genius at it or Sky was just plain stupid, probably both.
~
I got another text:
- Mitch is not at his Mom's, who is this?
~
"Crap" I whispered under my breath, maybe he's not that stupid. In the corner of my eye I saw the kid smirk.
~
"What are you smiling about?" I spat angrily, my good mood ruined.
~
"I don't know," he replied sassily "but whatever it is it's making you angry so I like it."
~
I smiled maybe he wasn't such a wimp after all, I pretty much kidnapped him and he's still acting sassy and trying to make me mad, that took nerve.
~
I turned the phone off, thought it was best if I didn't reply, even if Sky does figure out the situation it's not like he could find us.
~
"What's your name again kid?" I asked him. He paused, like he wasn't sure whether he should tell me.
~
"Mitch" he finally says, but there's something with his voice. I looked at him and realized that, sure he was acting tough and indifferent but on the inside he was trying hard to keep it together, he was terrified.
~
"You scared Mitch?" I asked him. "Nah, you guys are just a bunch of wimps, I've had worse." He replies, sounding sassy again.
~
I chuckled, liar, I thought. Maybe if I pushed him hard enough I could get him to start crying, I thought.
~
Nah that would be cruel, even for me, plus this kid is starting to grow on me, he reminds me of a dog I used to have when I was a kid.
~
I pulled into the driveway of the abandoned house that I had called home sense I got out of jail, it was in the middle of nowhere which was a pain but nobody knew I came here so it was a good hiding place.
~
"Well kid," I said trying to sound as ominous and spooky as possible, "we're here."
---------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter from Marcus's point of view, feel free to leave a comment. 😊