Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

~

>sky's POV<

~

It was break, I walked down the hallway going no place in particular, Mitch was waddling along carrying his books trying to keep up with me.

~

I smiled. I've enjoyed his presence for the past week, I was afraid he'd be a tagalong, a whiney kid. But he was fine. Smart, selfless and he had that touch of skittishness that made me kind of protective of him.

~

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Marcus purposely bump into Mitch, making all his books spill on the ground.

~

*back story*

Marcus and I used to be the best of friends, we were alike in so many ways he even had the same dark curly hair as me only his eyes were a more piercing cold blue. As we got older the rebellious things we did got more and more frequent.

~

Then I found out Marcus was doing illegal things, hurting people. Disgusted I tried to reason with him, he disagreed, called me a coward. I told on him, told the police who he mugged, where he vandalized.

~

He's wanted revenge ever sense.

*back story end*

~

"Hey kid watch were you're going!" He spat at Mitch. The boy trembled under his threatening gaze. "I'm sorry. I-I'll just..." He started picking up his books and I leaned down to help him.

~

As soon as Marcus saw who I was his eyes burned with hatred, he went to make a move, probably hit me but he stopped himself, he realized he was in school not on the streets, there were people watching. He picked me up by the collar of my shirt, god he was strong, I thought.

~

"Listen here," he whispered roughly as I just let myself go limp, I didn't want to get into a fight, not in front of Mitch. "I haven't forgotten about you snitching." He continued

~

"I didn't expect you to." I said calmly looking back at Mitch. He looked panicked but hesitant, like he didn't know if he should get help or not.

~

"You better watch you're back." He said almost bursting with anger.

~

"You can't touch me." I said, and it was true, Marcus might be strong but I'm a lot faster than him, and he new it.

~

"Maybe," he said a cruel smile on his face "but what about your friend over there, he looks pretty vulnerable, don't you think?"

~

My eyes widened " if you touch him I swear..." I said gritting my teeth in anger.

~

Marcus chuckled and dropped me.

Then walked over to Mitch and messed up his hair "good luck kid." He said as he walked away, grinning.'

~

~

~

Thanks for reading 😄

~

Please leave feedback even if it's negative.

~