Chapter 38:

Harry's POV:

I lied with Belle as long as my body would allow before I got restless. I replaced my body with a pillow so I wouldn't wake her as I slide out of the bed. Belle clutches the pillow to her chest and rolls over.

I pace the length of the room a couple of times to stretch my legs before perching myself on the edge of Kelly's bed. My mind is still mulling over the events of today.

I had known something was wrong just by the look in Belles eyes when she checked her phone for the third time during class. When she got up and ran out of the room it only confirmed my suspicions. I didn't have to think twice beiges I had followed her out of the room.

I kept my distance when she asked me to, no matter his much it pained me. I hadn't personally known Rachel, though Belle mentioned her a couple times here and there.

The way Belle described their relationship in the hospital room made it sound awfully hostile, though she assured me that's just the way they worked.

I hear Belles faint sniffles from across the room and she buries herself into the blanket more. I walk over and put an extra blanket over her. She grabs my arm in her sleep, pulling it to her chest. I cup her face with my free hand and leave small kisses all over her. She eventually giggles and releases my arm, wiping her face off and rolling back over.

I return to Kelly's bed where I sit on something hard. When I pull it out from under the covers I find it's a book and recognize it from Belles collection.
I examine the cover.

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.

I shrug and open the book.

---

"Is that my book?" Belles voice pulls me back to reality.

I instantly snap the book closed and drop it onto my lap. My heart is beating as if I was just caught smoking heroin. "How do you feel?" I avoid her question.

"Like I could sleep forever." She rolls over and nuzzles her face into her pillow. I wish that were me. "What time is it?" She yawns.

"8 pm." I look at the clock on my phone.

"Shit." She sits up and rubs her eyes. "If I sleep any longer I'm gonna be up at like 3 in the morning."

I stay silent, mind still reeling through the book I just abruptly shut.

"You ok?" Belle looks at me sideways. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Nope, just thinking about Augustus Waters managing to be a smooth ass motherfucker and loathing my existence in comparison.

"I'm fine." I smile at her, though she knows it's fake.

"Alright well will you drive me to Tim's?" She swings her legs so they hang off the bed.

"Tim's?" My back straightens. "Why?"

"Because we don't have a bath here and he does. Did you guys fight or something?"

I think about the last thing I said to Tim.

"She may have forgiven you easily but I will not."

"We had a couple heated words the night you lost your memory." The night that will always haunt me.

"About what?"

"It's not important." I shake my head and look down at the book. When Belle notices what I am looking at I instantly look away.

"So will you drive me?"