Chapter 37:

Izzy's POV:

The rest of the ride is silent as I blankly stare at the the dashboard with no emotion.

It doesn't take long for us to get to the hospital. What takes long is finding a place to park.

When Harry finally turns off the car he turns to me, as if expecting me to jump out of the car and run into my building.

But I don't.

I am frozen in place.

Harry says my name a couple of times, trying to get my attention. But my focus stays glued to the dashboard.

It's when he reaches over to touch me that I move.

I soundlessly unbuckle, get out of the car and begin to walk to the entrance of the building.

The wind is brutal today so I wrap my coat tightly around me.

Harry soon falls into stride next to me.

I almost feel bad for being rude to him.

Almost.

I just need him to be my silent rock.

The heat cocoons my body as we step into the hospital.

I walk up to the front desk and the old last behind it looks up and smiles at me.

I don't return the smile.

"What can I help you with sweetie?" She sweetly asks.

I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

"We are looking for a patient that was in a car accident." Harry speaks for me. "Her name is Rachel."

My chest slightly caves in.

"You would have to ask the people at the ER. It's down the hall and to the left."

I walk away without another glance at either of them.

I make a sharp left and and push the doors open.

The ER is surprisingly calm so I walk straight up to the first nurse I see.

"How can I help you?" He asks as he packs up some needles.

I turn my head to Harry, who always manages to be by my side.

"We are looking for a girl names Rachel. She was on a car accident." Harry says.

My chest caves more.

"We moved her to her own room, I will check what room for you." He gets up and walks behind the desk. "That would be room 212."

I once again walk away without another glance.

I wonder aimlessly through the halls before finally finding the room. Rachel's parent are outside of it.

"Izzy!" Her mother exclaims and pulls me into a hug.

I remain a statue. Unable to move my limbs.

"Dear are you alright?"

Is anyone alright? Is what I want to say.

I'll never be alright. Is what no one will ever know.

"How is she?" Harry asks from behind me.

Rachel's mom releases me and they both stare at Harry.

"I'm Harry by the way. Belles... ride."

I silently thank him for not getting into the dating thing.

"Oh, well it's nice to meet you Harry." Rachel's mom tries smile.

"No it's not." Harry remarks.

I would scowl at him but I don't really care right now.

"How is she?" Harry repeats.

"She is in a coma." Her father says.

I inhale sharply through my nose.

"There is brain activity so that's good." Her mother adds. "You can go see her if you want." She rubs my back.

I shy away from her touch and go to the door, leaning my head on it.

I count to three before pushing it open and entering.

Rachel is lying on her hospital bed with tubes sticking out of her arms. Her petite body is covered by a white robe and the brown hair is matted down. There is a white bandage wrapping around her head and her eyes are closed.

That's when I can no longer hold back the tears.

I shatter.

"Rachel." I finally speak and move closer.

I am fully aware that Harry as followed me into the room, but I don't mind.

"What did you do." I whisper as the tears stream down my face.

I sit in the chair next to her bed.

I manage a sad laugh through the tears. "I always told you that were a horrible driver. But you never listened. I would tease you about how you were gonna die in a car accident."

I lean closer and take her tiny hand.

"You're annoying, and you thrive off drama which I hate. You are always full of energy and sometimes I just wanna punch you. And if you were here right now you would tell me my hair is a mess, probably make a fat joke, even though you know they aren't true. You would tell me to stop being a wussy and that it's weird to see my cry."

My voice is

"But you would be crying too. In fact you would be so much worse than me. Cause I haven't met anyone who cries as much as you. But we would still be trying to one up each other, cause we always seem to be."

I try to match my heart beat to hers on the monitor.

"You would try to change the subject by talking about people I don't know let alone care about and I would nod like I was listening."

I cough in an attempt to get the lump out of my throat.

"You would ask me what's going on in my life and I would attempt to scavenge my memories for some gossip."

I bring her hand to my face and rest my forehead on the back of it.

"I would start complaining about how my hair is long and annoying and you would braid it for me, because I can't braid."

I take a deep breath.

"But most of all you would be here."

I am unable to speak for a minute as the tears come stronger.

"And if you can hear me right now, just know that this is a one time thing. Don't expect me to magically be nice to you. Cause we both know it's weird when I am."

I set her hand back down on the bed.

"So you better get your shit together and wake up. Cause I won't let you just lay around here and be lazy while I have to go out and face the world on my own."

I feel Harry lightly touch my shoulder, reminding me I'm not alone.

"Just please wake up." Is the last thing I mange to say.

** A/N: Just started a book called Shatter me so it fucked with my emotions a little bit, sorry to be depressing. And thanks for the comments guys I love it!**