Raging Flames

What a wonderful night. Full moon with absolutely no clouds covering it. I watched in silence as a star decided to fall across the sky. It didn't make a long line before disappearing like the other times, but it was still nice to watch it. The people down on the ground were so noisy tonight. But maybe it was because it was friday. How many weeks has it gone since the last time I ate properly? The last meal I can remember clearly was a cup of instant noodles and even that wasn't enough to fill me up. I picked up my phone and checked my calendar.
"hmm.." It's been three weeks since the day I started reporting to the clan with letters. Karai found me pathetic when I told her, but understood and agreed to the plan when I explained my situation. Of course I gave her the little USB with all of my copied files, and even handed over my computer to her. She didn't complain. Why would she? Her work was there as well and evenly organised.

A wave of chilly wind flew past me. I shivered but stayed warm. Another wave of wind hit my body. This time I didn't shiver, because this time I made sure to warm my body up. Heat went through my body, my muscles tensed up before relaxing. The side effects of using power to control how my body's heating system worked had it's side effects. I got hot, dangerously hot for a normal human. It felt nice, nice enough for me to close my eyes to enjoy the feeling. A smoky scent filled my nose. I opened my eyes and noticed how some parts of my clothes started to slowly lit up. Crap! My jacket flew off along with my shoes, at least them should be spared.

When I managed to cool down, and only leave a few holes in my clothes, I stood up on my feet and went over to the clothes I threw away earlier. Where is my other shoe? I panicked. If I threw it somewhere others could see it, I would have to reveal my face. What if the mutants were on patrol and happen to see me here? I would think it was suspicious at least. A colleague to their friend, who knows about things other humans don't and sneaks out at night. To them, I was known as that responsible female who always finished her work in time, went to bed early and got all of the vitamins, proteins and carbs I needed to function. The lies were a bit too much, and I found it sometimes hard to keep up with them because they were so unlike me. I hated to pretend so much and lie about my life. But at the same time, it's nice to know I have a dark side.

My shoe had landed behind one of the older, wooden buildings. An old couple lived there. I usually watched them during their date nights. They were very cute together, and fit together better than any other couple I've seen. Their happiness was almost touching my heart, and it was always hard not to smile. Sometimes I would pick some dry leaves from the ground, crush them in to small pieces lit them lightly. Never much, just enough to keep them glowing for a while, and then blew them past their window. It made them believe it was their dead daughter jointing them for a few minutes. She loved fireflies, apparently.

I picked up my shoe, and was just about to put it on my foot when I heard familiar voices from the distance, coming towards me.The first one I heard was Mikey's voice. Oh god how loud he was. I struggled with putting it on, and the panic led to me heating up again. My shoe was suddenly on fire. I trembled back and made direct contact with the wooden house. The walls were in seconds on fire, and it didn't look like it was about to stop. The couple didn't notice anything yet. I ran away from there, my legs carried me faster than I thought was possible. I hid my hands in my clothes. What a stupid decision. Of course my jacket was set on fire, which later followed to my shirt, and pants. My other shoe was the last piece of clothing to started burning. I managed to run in to the other side of the house and go inside it. Of course that wouldn't help. The mutants would notice the fire, along with the neighbors and later the cops. However, if I went out, then I would draw to much attention to myself. I was a human being, set on fire, but didn't die from it. That wasn't normal.

A plan suddenly popped up in my mind. Like a glowing lamp above my head like in cartoons.

The door was kicked down easily, it was nearly burned anyway. The couple noticed their dore getting kicked down, and got hopeful, until they saw me. White like a ghost, lit on fire and running towards them. I grabbed them both my their hands and attempted to shove them out of the house through the balcony door. They both screamed as fire came in contact with their faces. A bloody murderer-kind of scream. It was awful to hear. Absolutely horrifying. Now I knew the mutants noticed this. I burned down everything inside. A raging fire exploded like a bomb out from my body. The windows broke and I heard a shocked sound from the outside.

"Whoa!" It was Leo's voice. I put on my acting face and screamed. I screamed as loud as I could and threw myself through the window along with the couple who had died in my hands out of shock. The ground was so cold against my skin, almost like I was dipped in water. I wiggled around like I was in pain, across rocks and dirt, 'trying to put the fire out'. No, I was trying to get as many cuts and bruises as possible to look more injured. The mutants separated in to two groups without Leo's orders. Leo and Raph went to find something to put the fire out with, and ended up with an old bucket of water that was standing near the house and collected water from the rain, while Don and Mikey went over to me. I made sure to burn myself as much as possible. For the first time in years, my own abilities made hurt me. My skin started to slowly melt, and I kept shaking violently on the ground. The pain was overwhelming, but I pushed myself harder. Now I felt the pain even in my bones. I kept screaming, however this time it wasn't an act. I felt like I was going to die, because now I had completely lost control. 3 seconds later, the water was poured on me. It splashed over me and went in random directions later. It really cooled me down, and I relaxed. Finally, my eyes opened weakly.

The mutants were gathered around me in a circle. Donatello reached out and touched my neck. I felt like I was going to faint. The brother in purple winced at my temperature but kept his hand in place on my neck. I closed my eyes again. The world was spinning, my vision was blurry. It felt like my heart was going to rip itself out of my ribcage. And so it probably looked because of how deeply I was breathing.

"What the hell happened?" Raphael questioned. He sounded very angry, but also confused. His voice joined the carousel in my head. It sounded more like an echo and an actual voice.
"She won't answer." Donatello replied. "She got out of a fire seconds ago. Patience!"
"Francesa... can you hear me?" Leo asked and moved some hair out my face. I probably looked awful. Burned, exhausted and nearly dead. My body felt like it still was on fire, my hands are shaking badly from the feeling. I slowly nodded, or at least tried to nod. Only one small movement was succeeded. And it wasn't even straight. My head first moved up to try and nod, and then on the way down it fell to the side. I just laid there, shaking on the ground. Soon enough the firefighters vehicles were heard in the distance.

Leonardo picked me up carefully and started to make his way away from the scene along with his brothers. Donatello continued holding his finger against my neck, only to make sure I was alive. Mikey looked around once more before all of us left. The fire continued raging on, and it spread until the tree and building next to it. I looked back at it, back at the couple I killed with my own hands and somehow felt proud of my work.