What happened to you?

"What the hell happened to you?" Karai asked me and studied my hyper form. That dinner was definitely good, but it didn't leave me feeling satisfied. During the hour it took me to get to the lab I got hungry and propping myself with coffee was a huge mistake. Too bad I realized that when it was too late. I was nearly shaking in my chair as I typed furiously on my computer.

"Ohnothing, this coffee was just way too delicious to ignore." I explained.
"So you bought three more cups?"
I turned around from my computer and shook my head. Karai big down a giggle andsnapped on her master-mode.
"Want one?" I pointed to one of the cups and watched as she grabbed it andinstantly took a sip out of it. She didn't seem to like it too much but didn'tbother saying anything. I turned towards the table again and finished up someof the work from my temporary job. Bernadette gave me some things to fill inand I had quite a lot of e-mail to respond to.
"Aren't you supposed to get to the mutants?" She questioned. I could feel hercold stare at the back of my head, but it didn't bother me at all.
"I am"
"You're responding to e-mails from your 'boss' at the station" She noted. "Ifyou keep up treating your journaling job with such passion I'll end firingyou." Karai threatened me and took another sip out of the coffee that shehated.
"There's no need to fire me Karai. My job is halfway done and if I had achoice, I would just delete all of these mails"
"Who are they even from if you can't just delete them?"
"Most of them are from my boss so if I ignore her I'll get kicked out and thenI'll never be able to keep an eye on April and her friend. Some others are justfrom other people in the building and these two are from April herself" Ipointed to the last two mails on the list. I have already red them but didn'treply to them because I had no idea what to say.
"And nobody suspects a thing?"
"Nobody at all. Not even the mutants" Karai's eyes went wide.
"You're made contact with them? When?"
"Yesterday night a bit after ten pm."
"Did you manage to take something from them that could lead us to their newhiding spot?" Karai set down her coffee mug and looked at me like bait.
"No, I was too busy playing the chocked college to April O'Neil."
"And you couldn't just play clumsy and use one of them to keep yourself up?"Karai argued. I understood that she only wanted to get some more informationand that this was really important to her, but all of her questions andarguments made me want to jump out of my skin and release my burning rage.
"I was already sitting down when they went out of the shadows" Karai gave up atthat point.
"Well, at least you have a connection with them" She turned away for a momentand then revealed a black bag.
"By the way, I have gotten you a new camera. Don't drop it, it was twice asexpensive as the other one."
"OH! Thank you!" I grabbed the bag and zipped open the zipper. Somehow I feltlike a little child opening a Christmas present, but enjoyed the moment.
"You're welcome. I saw the pictures on your other one. You'd go to jail ifsomebody found out." Karai mentioned.
"Yeah, I know. I used it only once at the station though, and nobody asked meif they could have a look" Karai relaxed and sighed in relief.
"But why get a whole new camera? You could've just put all of the pictures onmy computer" Karai seemed to think about something to say, but just threw thetruth at me after I started to glare.
"Sacks broke it"
I was absolutely speechless and furious.
"The memory card was fine, but the lens and everything else was done for thisyear"
"Oh... that idiot. What the hell do you think happened?"
Karai made a wondering sound but didn't reply.
"Well... according to how it looked when I found it I'd think that he drove overit or something."
"Sacks would notice if there was a camera in front or behind his car"
"Francesa are you serious? It's Sacks we're talking about, he can break a swordby sneezing at it" We both laughed madly at her genius comment. ��ϥ�