Mercedes Keys

"Oh crap! Where are they?" I mumbled to myself. The sewers was the last place I should be in right now. Master Karai is waiting for me to make progress, but here I am, searching for my keys in a random tunnel underneath the city. I have been here for a few hours, and the amount of phone calls I've gotten so far told me that Karai wasn't happy by my sudden disappearance.

A wet sound came from behind me, as if something had fallen down. Shen a 'shh'. Okay, someone was definitely down here. My hopes went up just as much as my fear. Sacks had told me that my subjects are living in the sewers, but where is unclear and there was no way to track them down.

My face remained scared and confused. Karai had told me how to look innocent a few months after she and Master took me in. It was difficult in the beginning, but over the years I've mastered committing crimes in all categories and never get caught. Mostly because I never left any physical evidence at the crime scene. But once when I didn't have enough time to actually get away, I used my skills and pulled myself in to a trauma. The police sent me to the Psychologist, but he couldn't do much for me. Not that I needed any treatment in the first place.

"Who's there?" I called out, and listened to my voice echoing though the tunnels. There was a small curse and then a female came out. I instantly recognized her as the female I met in the office.

"April? What in the world are you doing here?" She seemed nervous and told me that she was writing a story about the amount of toxins a human released in a year. That sounded ridiculously stupid. There's no need to write a whole story about it, it's already clear that a human releases approximately over 21 billion pounds each year.

"Okay. Having fun?" She gave me a sarcastic look. I shrugged it off.
"And why are you wandering the tunnels? Didn't Bernadette give you some work?" I had completely forgot about it, but I nodded.

"She did. But I can't get to work without my car keys." I lied.
"What happened to your keys?" She questioned and looked up and down at me. I was a total mess. My white hair wasn't nearly as white as it is when it's washed.
"Well... my cousin is over for the weekend, and his 1 year old son thought it'd be fun to flush them in the toilet." Something was stuck on my foot, and a quickly shook it off. "But no one could help me getting them out of here. They just recommended me to buy a new set of keys."
"Why didn't you?" She questioned.
"Because I can't afford it" April thought for a moment. "I have a Mercedes, and apparently it's the rarest cars in the area, so they gave a price of $300. No way in hell I'd pay that for a pair of keys" I turned and continued to look. From behind me, I could hear her snicker.

"What?" I tuned, my stare was cold and serious. She just covered her mouth and pointed to my bottom. I followed her gaze and noticed a huge, wet spot on my bottom.
"Is it really that smart to wear white jeans to a place like this?" She questioned.
"Oh well I'm so sorry. But I thought that this day would be like yesterday?" I leaned down in to the water when I saw something sparkling.
"Calm and sunny?"
"Nah, I was thinking more like annoying and sweaty"
"So boots is better choice than sandals on a hot summer day?" I went up from my squat positioned and opened my leather jacket to show my white tank top with the quote "Bad decisions make good stories".
"Oh I have that one, but black." She commented-
"Good for you, so will you help me or...?" She suddenly snapped and looked around her. I did the same and continued to look for those darn keys. There was no way this would be easy. Not finding them, but pretending that I have a cousin with a son. Last time I checked I was the only one in my family that survived the accident years ago. But it wasn't my clumsiness that sent my keys here. Eric used my car after Karai angrily decorated his car with scratch marks. But he completely forgot about my keys in the back pocket when he went to the bathroom. He's not exactly my cousin, but we do have a connection. In a way.

"Sacks is trying to get in to your pants" I randomly mumbled out. April turned to me with a discussed look on her face.
"What?"
"He wants to sleep with you" I simply repeated, but was at the edge of cracking up in laughter,
"And you know this...how?"
"He's my ex." Her jaw fell and she stared at me in disbelief. I had to laugh at that point.
"Are we talking about the same Sacks?"
"Yes, Eric Sacks. He worked with your father didn't he? He's my Ex and you're his next target" April looked discussed, but curios at the same time.
"Don't even think about it, he'll break you" I warned her. Some of the wildest nights popped up in to my head, where he would throw me on to the bed and nearly rip my clothes off.

"So you two have..." She snickered. I nodded.
"Yes, and he nearly killed me. But I managed to escape from him and now he's after the next hottie in town" I pointed at her. She clapped her hands and leaned backwards in amusion.

"Oh! Found them!" I exclaimed and pulled out a few keys and a key chain with an Orcas. But a used condom came up with it, and we both went dead client, until I decided to break it.

"Is it really okay to flush a used condom in the toilet?" April blinked in confusion at the sight of the outstretched piece rubber.
"I ... uh....um....I don't know... How do you know it's used?" I wiggled my keys and made the rubber dance around in the air. Soon a white liquid got revealed. I cringed at the sight.
"Okay, I believe you."
"At least he used one" I mentioned and threw it in the water once again.
"Sacks didn't?" She asked with a grin. I shook my head.
"Nah. He thought that they were uncomfortable and too small"
"Why did you break up?"
"He went all crazy. Evil. I remember he once kidnapped three mutants. Turtles to be exact. He knew how much I loved turtles, so he decided to give me a present. But ever since I saw those poor beings chained up like that....I don't know. I broke up with him, crushed his nose. Now I can't bare looking at turtles." I explained. April went silent, and I knew exactly why. Because of the connection she has with them.

"Um..." April discreetly looked over in to a corner, where two of her friends were hiding. Ever since Francesa appeared in Donatello's camera TV's, he sent out his two older brothers, Leonardo and Raphael. They couldn't believe what they just witnessed. Raphael was absolutely mad when she admitted that she witnessed his brothers' near death experience, while Leo had gotten more suspicious of the pale female. Did that mean that she knew about Shredder and his plans? But he did recognize her, a bit. He just remembered seeing a white form in the corner of his eyes, but that's it.

"Did you know why he kidnapped them?" April asked. I shook my head.
"No. I have no idea. I didn't see anything, but when rushed to them something knocked me out. When I woke up, they were still there and I wanted to help them." I lied, again. Everything was a huge lie, but I didn't want to make everything up completely randomly. I'd forget it later.

"But I felt absolutely horrible. Especially when the smallest passed out. I knew that Sacks and the others were killing him." I purposely started to tear up. April put her hands gently on my shoulders in a comforting way, that's when I decided to let the first tear fall.

"I tried to save them. But it was already too late. When I came in to the room they were already nearly drained from blood." I wiped a tear from my eye. April hugged me and looked back at Leonardo who had a wondering look on his face. Raphael's stare had softened and April could easily imagine Donatello's and the other's faces while watching the scene on the security cameras.

"It's okay. You did your best, Franseca" I sniffed and leaned away.
"But I truly did feel horrible. They're dead because of me, aren't they? If I only could get there a bit faster." I sniffed again. April wiped a tear from my eye, but winced at its temperature. Oh no! She'll suspect something and that Donatello-genius will probably suspect powers or some kind of mutation!
"Are you okay?" I asked and wiped away some of my own tears to keep her from hurting herself. But oh god how I wanted to rip that smile apart.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'll accompany you out of here, okay?"
"No thank you. I'm okay" April didn't seem to truly believe me on that, but didn't bother to argue. I ended up walking up to the surface alone in tears. But once I was up, I smiled evilly and felt so much hot rage run through my veins that my fingertips started to glow and eventually lit up.