Sleepless nights - Castiel

Cas when you knock on his door in the middle of the night:

It has been a few hours since I  got ready and went to bed. It was almost four in the morning and I was still tossing and turning around my bed.

I have tried everything, for Chucks sake! I drank warm milk, I counted goddamn imaginary sheep, I even tried making the room cold because I read somewhere that it's possible to fall asleep faster in a cold room. And it worked before, I just don't understand why not now...

And of all the times it could have happened, it had to be now that we ran out of sleeping pills!

I honestly didn't know what to do. I really needed the sleep since we came from a hunt that morning and I could barely move the whole day. I was so tired since I didn't sleep well during the hunt, which basically means that I haven't slept for almost five days.

So as I rolled on my back once again I couldn't help but let out a frustrated groan that flew through the darkness, echoing around the room. I was so desperate and in need of sleep that I was ready to take my last chance.

I threw the comforter off me and stepped on the cold floor with my bare feet. Short yet fast steps were made as I left my room, closing the door as quietly as possible, and continuing my journey to the room at the end of the hall.

I neared the door and took a deep breath.
"Well, here goes nothing..." I whisper to myself before knocking.

My knuckles bounce off the flat surface making a sharp sound that is sure to wake the sleeping angel, if he is sleeping that is.
I don't wait long before the door opens, showing a tired looking Castiel.

His black hair sticking out in all directions, his blue eyes half closed as he tries to keep his balance. I woke him up.

The sight of what he is wearing only confirming my thought even further. He is in his black boxers, that I know for a fact he got from Dean for Christmas (it was done for a good laugh but Cas liked them nevertheless), and he was shirtless. Draped around his shoulders was a deep blue, almost black, bathing gown. It perfectly showed of his tanned chest and abs where I could see little freckles scattered all around.

I reluctantly looked away from the breath taking sight of a shirtless angel of the Lord when he started talking
"Y/N, what's wrong? Is there anything that you are in need of?"

"Well actually, I couldn't sleep and I tried everything possible but nothing works..." my voice fades away at the end of the sentence, at what Cas looks at me completely confused.
"But I have no powers, Y/N. I am not in the position to put you to sleep by using my grace on you. I do not understand what it is that you would like me to do, since you know about my loss of grace." he says while running his fingertips over the doorframe and then letting his arm fall by his side.

My eyes follow his movement only to land on his well built body once again. He notices my gaze and shyly wraps his bathing gown around him as I start talking

"I was wondering if maybe you were willing to have a cuddle buddy for tonight? I mean, we shared a bed before and it was nice... at least from my point of view."
"Oh..." Cas stoppes for a second, blush creeping up his neck and putting his cheeks on fire "I found it rather comfortable and soothing, as well. And I would enjoy having a repeat of that, at least for tonight."

I smile at the flustered man standing before me as he takes my hand gently and pulls me into his room. He holds my hand and leads me to the bed where he pushes the comforter aside and motions for me to get in. While I do so he takes the bathing gown off and crawls into the bed as well.

I turn my back to him and cautiously scoot near him, pulling his hand to me so that it is around my waist and we are spooning. Castiel stiffened at my action but before I can do anything he is pulling me even closer to him. My back is flush agents his chest and his face is in the crook of my neck.

We lay in silence and the burning sensation of his hot skin agents my freezing cold form lulls me slowly into,much needed,deep sleep...

                  Word count: 866

A/N: Hey hey hey, sorry I haven't been publishing daily. Apparently something is still wrong with my WiFi but I'll post whenever I can and I'll try to make it up when I do get WiF.
Also, thank you all for more then 1k reads and more then 80 votes. I'm working on a special preference chapter and I hope you like what I've written so far. ❤
~Marie