Smile of an angel - Castiel

Cas when you're trying to cheer him up:

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Cas when you're trying to cheer him up:

Castiel has been feeling down for some time now. He has been putting himself down and saying how he is unworthy of being an angel.

"I do not deserve being an Angel of the Lord..." he would sigh before continuing "...I don't even deserve to be alive."
And all while you were just standing by, not knowing what to say and how to make him feel better.

So one day, as you were sitting in the bunker and reading a book, while Sam and Dean were asleep, you hear Cas sigh once again. You tear your eyes from the flowing words and look at him.

"What's up Cas?" you ask quietly, even though you know what's bothering him.
"I just do not understand why you want me with you. You want my help even though I continuously mess things up and I cannot protect you... I do not know why you even care" he says softly and as you hear those words your heart breaks.

Your heart breaks for this amazing and caring being, for this confused but very understanding and lovable angel...
Your heart breaks for a child of the Lord that is loosing his faith...

"Cas... Of course we want you with us. We need you, I need you. And I don't see how we would even be alive if it wasn't for you." you say and stand up to go to him "Cas you have helped us and saved us numerous times and if anything we should be thanking you for putting up with all of our shit... Further more, you might have made a few mistakes but that's normal, don't downgrade yourself for that. We love you... I love you so much and I just hope you can see what I see in you..."

And as you finish your little pep talk you see him softly smiling at you, something he rarely does and you feel your heart swell up in love and pride...

You finally made the angel smile and that that made your own smile even bigger.

Word count: 353