Chapter 15: Baby your not alone

Beginne am Anfang

I didn't get to talk to George much as I pretty much ordered him to spend some time with Fred before we head back whilst I was in the kitchen preparing the dinner after I had cleaned my room up and hoovered the hallways well brushed them down. Mr and Mrs Weasley had travelled by floo powder back to the burrow to settle in, I had offered my help to take their bags but Fred & George beat me too it leaving me alone with Sirius to be head of house for the others. That was over an hour and a half ago and I was starting to worry why it had taken them so long to get back. I left the basement door half open and sent Binks down to flush out mice whilst keeping watch over the fireplace with Crookshanks for the boys to come back. I was in the kitchen with Kreacher getting pots and pans ready for the assortments of foods to be cooked and peeled, prim and proper before roasting them all in the old black Kilm, a beastly looking oven dating back to the Victorian era.

I was peeling the potatoes when a peck on the window drew my attention to it over the sink seeing Ozzie standing there a letter dangling from his beak addressed to me. Cracking it open Ozzie flew in landing on the table scattered with potatoes skins and carrot top and ends, I took the letter and began to read it when I heard a crash from the basement knowing the boys were back and seeing Crookshanks and Binks shooting up the stairs leaping through the door in a hurry before escaping down the hall wherever they went off too. I quickly skimmed the letter, it all forming a blur of jumbled letters and words knowing I didn't have much time to properly read it I shoved it into jean pocket making it as small as possible before setting Ozzie some treats for him to eat whilst I tidied up the mess of vegtables that littered the dining table.

*cough**cough* Picking up the pot of peeled potatoes over to the sink placing them in filling it up with water then placing them on the side. Hearing coughing and swearing about soot and the basement door slam shut before hearing footsteps towards the kitchen down, flicking my hand up it slammed shut and froze over the knob. "Ah c'mon Jess! It us, your two favourite boys are back! And covered in soot and could use a hug!" Fred shouted through the door rattling the handle. I smiled, "aw my two boys back and covered in soot? Well you won't get a hug from me if your dirty? Now would you? Dinner will be ready in 2 hours and I need to concentrate no distractions and no sampling either!! Now go clean up and get your stuff sorted and see what the others are upto!" Hearing a sigh, George spoke up next, "oh come on Jess? You won't even let your gorgeous drop dead charmingly funny heroic boyfriend come and hug you? Or kiss you? Or possibly get a snack?" I laughed, "nice try Weasley?! Nope sorry go get clean then come back in 2 hours prepare to have your socks blown off boys by the time I'm done k? Now go wash your clogging up the oxygen in here."

Hearing them shuffle away mumbling to each other I eased up and got back to work now it full on cooking no distractions I'll have to read the letter later and send Ozzie a reply to whoever sent it before we left for Hogwarts tomorrow.

~

2 bloody hours later I have primed everything in the kitchen and prepared a killer roast dinner with all the trimmings, sliced the chickens, hams and beef onto platters surrounded by dishes of various veggies and trays, roast potatoes and mash potatoes with boats of gravy up and down the table. Looking at it all Mrs Weasley would be proud that I'd paid attention to her cooking more than I'd like to admit. I was hot and a little sweaty but looked presentable with a few coils of my hair sprinting out of my bun and a little flour on my top but nothing that can't be fixed. Hearing a knock on the door, flicking my hand the ice disappeared and George's head popped in before opening the door properly revealing himself fully in the doorway. George's eyes had popped out of their sockets at the sight of food on the table before he opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out so I did for him, " well what do you think? Will it be enough for Ron to demolish by himself?" George chuckled coming up to hug me wrapping his arms round my waist pulling me to him he smelt clean and no soot or ink stained fingers so that was good. George chuckled looking down at me, "what?" I protested. "You gotta a bit of cornflour or powder on your cheek." Swiping his thumb across my cheekbone getting rid of the flour he stroked my cheek looking into my eyes before giving me a kiss on the lips. A little peck. It ignited a cosmos of flames within me not stopping or thinking rationally my arms came up round George's neck crushing myself closer to him and kissing him deeply knowing that I wouldn't have a lot of times to do that over the next few weeks. It seemed like we stayed like that for forever when a little cough made my eyes open and snap towards the door. Fred stood their smirking like a kid in a candy store, "sorry to interrupt but Ron's smelt the food and Sevgi's blocking him from coming down so they'll be here soon plus I also wanted to congratulate the cook but I see George's done a fine job of that already." I blushed at George before saying, "well thank you Fred for your appreciates, and George has done a brilliantly of thanking me besides I'm sure you Freddie wouldn't of wanted to see how far we went?" Cocking an eyebrow up at him, he stood up straighter saying, "erh ew ew ew, don't don't say that, that's that's vile. Oh here they come."

A tumble of arms, legs and eyes came through the door in the form of Ron and Sevgi being tugged back by each other as well as by Hermione, Ginny and Harry. Dis tangling myself from George's arms to present the food and reclaim order, "right you lot, there's plenty to go round so no more fighting honestly?! It's like you two aren't fed at Hogwarts? Now everyone find a seat and tuck in." Grabbing a seat George pulled mine out as I sat down next to Sirius who came in looking amazed the amount of food. Watching everyone savouring the food and dive into chatter. To say it was amazing the food was but the conversations that followed were hilarious. We went from animal comparisons to food combinations the twins should invent for sweets? Once pleasantly full everyone chipped in to tidy up well Sirius made me sit down with him in the front room to talk about order stuff before anything important could be said a chorus of feet trampling upstairs could be heard past the door when a knock upon door had me opening the door seeing George standing there. "Um, we're all going upstairs to hang are you coming?" "I'll be up in a few minutes take Binks for me?" George nodded kissing my forehead before shutting the door. Hearing his footfalls fade upstairs, I flicked my hand and froze it up just incase they dropped another one of their ears to eavesdrop.

"Uh Sirius? I got a letter this morning from Dumbledore this morning, I haven't had a proper chance to read it but I thought Dumbledore might of said something to you about the letter?" Hopefully looking at Sirius he answered with a blank expression saying he hadn't a faintest what was in the letter and that it was my choice whether or not I tell him. Understanding and needing adult advice on this matter I opened the letter out and started to read it.

"Dear Jessica,

When you return to Hogwarts after the break I need you to go down to Hagrids check something for me, I cannot say what as this letter may be tracked but when you find it you will understand what I mean. As well as understanding that matter this next one is that I have a few jobs for you if you will something for the DA cause, I leave it upto you to decide whether or not you wish to tell the others understanding the consequences it comes with. Do not respond to this letter as I am travelling. Keep close to Harry, keep faith trust him.

Dumbledore "

My brow had furred into confusion was that cryptic enough or what? I looked at Sirius handing over the letter for him to read himself and decipher too. About a minute or so later, he looked just as confused as I felt. We spent around 20 minutes trying to decode what it could possibly mean but came up with more questions than answers till Sirius had asked about the DA. "So Harry tells me you've got a little rebellion group going on at school? A little group that teaches defensive magic to other students and that you're a hell of a teacher." I laughed, "Harry's generous that's for sure, we both teach, Ron and Hermione help demonstrate now and again but what's the point of learning theories when you can't practice them? Besides these kids are scared, scared of what will and won't become; and I think teaching them to defend and fight is healthy, it may save their life one day." Sirius nodded understanding and admiring my answer before he said, "I appreciate what you're doing for Harry, well about him really. I'm glad it's you he's got to defend and support when the rest of us can't, when I can't.-" "Sirius don't say that-" "Jessica, you know what's happening, you know the risks and the amount of them we take everyday, Harry needs someone around who he can rely on for anything and I'm glad he's got a friend like you. I'm glad your protecting him yet letting him make his own choices, letting him stand on his own two feet, and supporting him no matter what he chooses but given him all the options first henceforth. I know I may not be around forever but I'm glad your by him even when I'm not knowing your there is a comfort because I know you'll protect him with your life. And that my dear Jessica is what truly makes a Gryffindor." I was touched but somehow had the uneasy feeling that he was saying goodbye to us. I touched Sirius' arm saying "this may be stupid to say so right now considering but if I ever had an uncle I wish it was you, I may not have proper family but you are my family Sirius, you, Remus, Tonks, Molly, Arthur, Kingsley, Moody, Hagrid, Dumbledore, the DA, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, Ron, everyone of my friends, you don't have to be blood to be family, truth is I'd risk my life for everyone of you because I don't want to think of a place without you in it. I read somewhere that in Hawaii, everyone calls each other "Ohana" which means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten." Earning a smile from Sirius and a hug I said goodnight and went upstairs to bed, exhausted both physically and emotionally before collapsing onto the bed wrapped in the duvet falling into a deep sleep; hearing the door open then close as George got into bed hugging me close to his chest breathing in my hair making me feel weightless in a dreamy state.