Helpless

Y/N M/N L/N felt helpless. All around her people were in love, Laurens and Alexander, George and Samuel, Lafayette and Hercules, all except for Burr and he had shown intrest in a woman at the local coffee shop called Theodosia. Y/N felt completely and utterly helpless. And the boys were starting to notice.

"Y/N are you okay?" John asked, Y/N amiled quickly and laughed, it was evident how fake it was.

"Of course John, don't be silly!" Y/N said, John raised an eyebrow.

"How daft do you think I am?" He replied, John was a sleuth. He was Sherlocke and Alex was his Watson. They were going to get to the bottom of this.

"Sorry, John. It just hasn't been a great day. You know how it is." Y/N replied, dropping the façade.

Suddenly Alexander ran in, a large smile on his face. He had scratches up and down his arms, but he still smiled.

"I got a pet!" He announced proudly.

Y/N looked horrified, "What kind of pet Alex?"

"A bird! He is gray and has little tiny eyes that are black and kind of creepy, thats besides the point."

Y/N looked at Alexander like he was a madman. He led her to the revolutionaries bedroom and there sat a very angry pigeon in a small cage.

"Alexander, you have to be kidding me." Y/N said, her face contorted in anger and amusement.

John smiled, knowing something she didn't, "Y/N, why don't you have a pet?"

"I don't know. I've always wanted a dog though. When I was younger we had one named Kip. He was such a sweetheart." Y/N smiled day dreaming, happy memories of a small Y/N running along with a large dog.

John and Alexander smiled at each other, "Hercules, Lafayette, release the beast!" A loud bark rang through Y/N's apartment, and a smallpug sprang towards her.

"Guys, you shouldn't have! Thank you so much!" Y/N giggled, the dog began to lick her face, making Y/N grin.

Y/N was helpless...helplessly in love with her new dog, D/N.