ice-cream ❥

"Are you sure about this, gray?" You ask your boyfriend, a little bit nervous and feeling unsure about his spontaneous idea. 

"Y/N, it's just ice cream. Nothing major." He tries to convince you but by the look on your face he knew it wasn't working.

"Look, baby," He uses one of your favorite nicknames, "I want to go out and get ice cream with my girl, is that seriously such a bad thing to ask for? Just one date. One date with you on this super hot day." He sighs and you give into his sweet words. 

"One date." You wink and laugh jokingly, knowing that you had gone on plenty dates with Grayson before. But that didn't really stop you from thinking about what could go wrong. 

You and Gray used to go on lot's of dates, but everything just sort of turned sideways when the fans found out you weren't just Grayson's friend. 

Some fans were very supportive of your relationship, which made you very happy. But others, didn't like it at all. In fact, they harassed you pretty bad on social media and whenever you and Grayson went out together, they would yell mean things which would draw attention, and that would create more fans that want to take pictures or talk to Gray and it all turned into a big mess. 

You didn't hate the fans for that, of course, but sometimes it did annoy you that they had to interrupt the scarce time you would spend with him. You couldn't go out very often, not because of paparazzi but because Grayson was a busy boy, and had lots of things to do. 

You loved going out with Grayson. More than a lot of other things, but you weren't sure if you could handle anymore mean words today. It was just, one of those days where you were feeling sensitive. 

"Ready to go?" Grayson asks with a grin on his face, happy you agreed to go with him after an hour of convincing . 

"Yeah! Let's go." You attempt to say enthusiastically, but Grayson knew you all to well.

"Hey," He coos, "You don't need to worry. It's all good. Everything's going to be awesome. I mean, we're going for ice cream. What could be better?" He asks with a smile which automatically makes you smile back. 

"I know." You reply and get in the car without hesitation. You decided that you wouldn't worry anymore, and that you were just overthinking things. You were with Grayson, and as long as you're with him it's all okay. His smile was all you needed to get through anything. 

As Grayson drove toward the ice cream place, you notice his hand resting on his lap. You smile to yourself and take his hand in yours confidently, looking up at him to see his reaction. 

He glances towards you for a moment, the same sweet smile on his face. He raises your hand up to his lips and places a light kiss on the back of your hand, his eyes still trained on the road. 

When you got to the ice cream place he looks at you with an encouraging smile, "Do you know what flavor you want?" He asks to ease your nerves and you think for a moment. 

"I think i'm going to go with cookie dough this time." You tell him and he grins, 

"With sprinkles?" He asks, 

"And whip cream." You finish with a giggle and he looks at you admiringly. 

"Then let's go get your cookie dough ice cream with sprinkles and whip cream, shall we?" He says all in one breath, making you laugh. 

You didn't realize it at the time, but you had already felt more relaxed than before, and you really couldn't wait to eat some cold, tasty cookie dough ice cream. 

You get out of the car and catch up to Grayson, taking his large hand in yours and leaning against him slightly. 

As soon as you reached the counter Grayson ordered your ice cream, the old man behind the counter flashed a genuine smile at him, fixing his bright red bowtie as he begins to scoop up your ice cream. When he comes back with your cookie dough ice cream with sprinkles and wipe cream, your face noticeably brightening at the sight of it.