Chapter 2 ~ When in doubt, have a sandwich.

Don't you think that those things at the back of cars saying stuff like 'Baby on board' or 'Mums Taxi' are so weird? I mean, I dont think I want to know, so why hang it up in the first place? To remind yourself that there is a screaming child or an old pensioneer in the back?

Chapter Twoooooo now.

Yayz!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared back into the huge beasts eyes, trying not to break eye contact, as I knew from my experience with animals, thats when most beasts attack.

I knew this part of the forest like the back of my hand I came here so often. 'Intellegently' I backed myself into the only tree you couldnt run from, as it was nearly completely surrounded by brambles, which hurt quite a lot when you tried to escape.

Yay me.

The huge monster strolled towards me now, squeezing itself through the only space in the brambles. It looked upon me thoughtfully as if it was deciding what to do.

I prayed to the Godess, that this wolf didnt like playing with its food.

Its huge muzzle neared towards me now, sniffing at me, baring its teeth in a growl.

Right about now, would be the time to reveal that I was a black belt in Kung Fu.

I would use my awsome ninja skills to leap over the brambles, and skip merrily home.

Unfortunately, I havent Karate Chopped anyone in my life, let alone jumped over a good three metres of spiky thorns.

Great.

At the age of 16, with a little sister to support and I was going to die.

Oh no.

Who would lok after Arty if I died now? She would be taken in by the Social Services for sure, ending up with a future Ive managed to persuade somehow to leave us alone for five years.

No. I could die, but I couldnt let myself leave Art behind.

I looked into the Wolfs eyes, trying to mentally persuade him not to eat me, to go out and devour Chloe instead. She did deserve it more than me after all.

If anything, he edged closer to me, looking hungry. He leaned his huge nose into my neck, and breathed in. I shivered at the feel of his cold nose on my now overheating skin.

Why was I getting a strong urge to reach out and stroke his head?

I tried begging.

'Please, dont eat me!'

My voice sounded so high, only dogs would be hearing it in a minute.

Good thing I was talking to one.

Well, a jumbo sized version of one.

His nose stopped moving against my skin. He drew back, looking a bit ...

Surprised?

Great.

It was working.

'Really, Im not very tasty. Look, all horrible and skinny.'

I thrusted one of my hands in front of his face, too late in the realisation that now he had a perfect position to get to my vein. To distract him from the fact I babbled on nervously.

'I swear, if you leave me alone now, I leave you a lamb chop every day for the rest of my life. Well, maybe not lamb, because thats super super expensive, but maybe some fish. Or a sausage.'

He pulled back completely now, making a strange sound, which sounded suspicously like ...

Laughter?

I was so bad at translating animal emtions.

He grinned wolfishly at me.

'Look, Ive even got a beef sandwich with me! I promise a beef sandwich tastes SO much better than me. Here, look, sandwich..'

I pulled back my arm, flinging the sandwich over the brambles.

'...gone. Fetch.'

He looked at me in a 'Do you really think Im that stupid' way.

Suddenly, his ears pricked up, like he was listening for something which was too far away from here.

And just like that, he was off leaping over the brambles, pounding over the grass and he was gone, leaving a cloud of dust, and a very shocked teenager in his wake.

Well.....

That wasnt weird at all.

I was trying to calm myself down, concentrating only on my breathing.

In.

Out.

I nearly got eaten.

In.

Out.

In.

How bloody masive was he? That wasnt a normal wolf, I was sure of it.

Out.

In.

Out.

In.

That was kinda fun.

Out.

Wait... WHAT?

So now I thought being nearly chewed to death was fun.

No wonder people found me weird.

I wondred out of the enclousure, instinctivly looking for the sandwich Id thrown. A beef sandwich was a beef sandwich, even if you offered it to a five metre wolf. The grass was bare of anything though.

Huh. He must have wanted it after all.

Well there goes a big ,bad wolf, with my dinner.