‡Six‡

The day of the ski trip was coming up, and Jenny and Heather had already invited the other girls. I just had to finish my paper before the break so that I could enjoy my vacation without thinking about school. If only it was that simple, though.

Heather had been trying to butter me up. Being nicer than usual and tending to my every need. She was basically my slave out of her own consent, all to make me keep my mouth shut. Lucas had been avoiding me like the plague, but sooner or later I was going to catch him and have a little talk with him.

I haven't caught Lucas and Heather in the act yet, but I knew for a fact this break was going to be lucky. I was going to get my proof and have them in the palm of my hands.

Jenny was already packing everything she could fit into her suitcase, though she took her time since she was still healing a massive hangover. I didn't get to drink as much as Jenny since Kyle had specifically told everyone not to give me any dares where I'd get drunk. In a way I was thankful, but I still wanted to drink. I'd been forced to give Lucas a lapdance, which wasn't hard considering how attracted to him I was, and the boner present after I left his lap proved how attracted he was to me too.

Kyle, though not a recipient of the dance, had a boner of his own, and spent the rest of the night kissing my neck and trying to convince me to sleep with him. If I'd had more Absolut I probably would have, but Kyle wanted me sober so not one sip of it touched my lips. Heather had to make out with one of the girls, Gabe's dare, and she made a spectacle of it for particularly one boy sitting beside her, getting front row seats to the girl on girl action.

Kyle dropped me off at my sorority house, trying very hard to get to my room himself, but I wasn't about to let that happen anytime soon. I crashed as soon as I hit the bed.

I'd been done packing since that afternoon. Today was the day I was getting my information on Lucas and I couldn't wait to find out what my people got.

"So who are the matches you're planning on setting up?" Jenny asked, folding away a shirt and yawning into her hand. I paused to think for a second.

"Well, I was thinking Heather and Lucas, you and Michael, me and Kyle and I couldn't care less about the background."

"You and Kyle? You giving him a chance?"

I snorted unladylike. "Of course not, but I'm not letting Heather anywhere near Kyle. I want those too as far apart from each other as possible." The lie rolled off my tongue effortlessly. In reality, I had no choice in the matter. Heather and Lucas had to stay a together if I was going to get any proof, and Kyle would make me his girl whether I liked it or not. The unfortunate thing was that we had to share a bed with our couple, meaning I had to share a bed with Kyle. But I'd be damned if he thought he was getting anywhere near my pants. Some kissing sure, but more is definitely a no-no.

I definitely wasn't a virgin, but I did have standards, and though Kyle filled out most of those, his lack of motivation and actual feelings for me other than lust wasn't worth ruining my reputation. I finished the last sentence of my paper and relaxed into the chair.

"I can't wait to go crazy this break. Sit by the fire, fuck a stranger, drink cocoa. And Christmas and new year's is going to be incredible too." Jenny said.

"Why a stranger? Why not Michael?" I asked, grinning knowingly.

"Well, I mean, Michael too." She giggled and I rolled my eyes, opening my email.

She realized how quiet I got and immediately shut up. Jenny had learned by now that when I stop talking, you should too. Because if I wasn't making conversation, then I was busy doing something that could not be disturbed.

The file on Lucas opened and I read through it. He and Heather were half-siblings, sharing the same father. Apparently, his father was as much as a cheater as he was. He was still married to his mother when he had Heather with another woman; his secretary. He managed to juggle a double life until Lucas found a picture of him and Heather and decided to investigate. Let's just say when he found her they didn't care they were siblings and decided to get back at daddy a different way, pretending they never knew about the family relation and date just to stress him out even more. Eventually Heather fell in love while Lucas still only does it out of resentment for his father.

"Damn, talk about daddy issues," I mumbled under my breath.

"What?"

"Oh, just a paper I'm reading," I told her with a smile.

The information alone could be enough for blackmail, but I needed pictures. Solid information that couldn't be fabricated. And this break, I was going to find that pot of gold.