‡Five‡

Kyle's party was already booming by the time we got there. Kyle had taken extra precautions tonight and had already bribed the cops to stay away from the area. I'd opted to wear a short red dress, that hugged my figure perfectly.

There were already people dancing like idiots, and others sat on the couches, smoking their perception of reality of away. I walked with Jenny by my side, arms linked as we made our way to the kitchen where the kegs were.

Neon lights followed the staircases and walls becoming the only source of light in the house. With a pounding music you felt in your stomach, you'd get lost in the trans like environment. Kyle, though currently being a guitar player, had one year at New York City University as a Psychology Major, and he learned exactly how to manipulate people and how to make them want to stay for as long as possible.

He'd figured out exactly how to throw the best parties in the school.

As soon as she saw Michael, Jenny left my side. Completely used to her and Michael, I looked under the cubbards for the vodka. Grinning, I pulled out the hidden bottle of Absolut. I brought it to my lips, but just as the first shuddering drop of alcohol touched my toungue, it was pulled out of my grip. Furrowing my brows, I faced Kyle who looked down at me with narrowed eyes as he took his own sip.

"There's a reason we hide this shit, Jade." His face cringed as the drink touched his lips. "It's too fucking strong for the party." He coughed, wiping the excess from his lips with his sleeve. I looked down at his clothes; he was wearing dark jeans, with a button downed blazer. He looked hot even though it looked like a child dressed him. I rolled my eyes and took the drink from him.

"Why do you think I looked for it?" I grinned, leaning back on the counter and taking a sip. My throat burned harder than anything I've ever had, I coughed trying to catch my breath as the punch knocked the wind out of me. Chuckling, Kyle pulled the bottle away from me.

"Come on, Jade," He corked the bottle. "You can't handle the punch this thing has. I can barely and I drink everyday." I grumbled at him but didn't move from my spot as he leaned his arms on both sides of me, caging me in. "Besides, I want you completely sober when I take you upstairs." He said, a smirk on his face as he leaned in.

I looked around, and noticed how many people around us, too many. I placed my hand on his chest and slowly pushed him away with a smirk of my own. "If you think I'm going anywhere with you, with these many people around, then you're sorely mistaken."

Kyle didn't move, but took my hand, holding it to his chest, not phased at all by what I said. "Jade, I don't care how many people see us together. We are destined to fuck." I laughed, loud and unashamed as I combed my fingers through my hair.

"So blunt Kyle." I rolled my eyes just as a girl from another sororitiy came up to us. My pleasent, real smile turned fake in a second as I turned to face her. Kyle, knowing me well, moved his arm so I could talk to her.

"Hey Jade! I heard you were going on a ski trip this break." Elenour said, a fake smile of her own. "I'm going too! Maybe we can go together!" She asked, her cheery blue eyes gleaming with anxiety and fake happiness. I brought my lips to a pout and took her hand.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Elenour, but we don't have any more room in the cars. I would have invited you if we did. You know I consider you one of my closest friends." I smiled softly at her, and pretended I didn't see her eyes glancing over to Kyle or the hard gulp of nervousness that went down her throat. Kyle, though, picked up on it just as easily.

"Maybe next time, El." He winked at her and kissed her cheek, leaving her face red with embarrasment.

"N-No, yeah. Of course. I'm still going with some of my own friends so I-I'll meet you guys there?" She stuttered, and I looked up to Kyle with amusement.