𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"So, Tessa just gave back your memories? No strings attached?" The eldest Salvatore skeptically raised an eyebrow toward his little brother, who nodded.

"Well, it wasn't exactly a gift. It was a lot to take in all at once. Everything from blowing out the candles on my first birthday cake to— drowning in a safe." As he spoke, there was a moment where he looked completely disconnected from the conversation. His grip tightened on the glass in his hand until it shattered within his hold.

"Stefan?" Elena abruptly got out of her seat and started toward the Salvatore brother.

"Huh. All that and I still can't remember my own strength." The youngest Salvatore gave them a tight-lipped grin, but the moment was interrupted by a loud banging coming from below them. "What was that noise?"

"Uh— well, that is—" Damon cleared his throat, clearly unable to explain the situation.

"—We have a situation." The Gilbert girl nodded in agreement with Damon while Stefan's brows furrowed.

Evelyn chuckled softly when she saw the look of confusion across Stefan's face. "Of the doppelganger variety."

"Katherine?" They all vigorously shook their heads.

"Nope, not Katherine," Damon lifted himself up to his feet and ushered his brother down to the basement, with Evelyn at their side. Stefan came face to face with Amara, who persisted to scream and yell at the walls of the basement.

Stefan stared into the cell with a look of sympathy in his eyes, before he glanced at the vampire's either side of him. "What's wrong with her?"

"Poor girls collateral damage in Tessa's obsession for Silas' love." A sigh left Evelyn's lips. She knew what it was like to be collateral damage in someone else's game, and it sucked.

"Tessa turned her into a rock and kept her in a box for two-thousand years. Probably went a little stir crazy, like those deserted island guys that talk to volleyballs."

"I said, I don't know!" The doppelganger screamed out angrily as she dropped onto the dusty floor of the Salvatore cellar with tears in her eyes.

"So, you're telling me this girl is the only thing keeping the other side together?" Stefan raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. She's the Anchor." The brunette nodded. "We've gotta keep her alive. If she dies, so does the Other Side and any shot we have of getting Bonnie from over there."

Stefan hummed and folded his arms across his chest. "Well, considering she's immortal, I'd say we have plenty of opportunities."

"You'd think. Expect last night she stuck a hole in Silas' neck, sucked the cure right out of him. So, now she's not only nuts, she's mortal. Which means we have to keep her ordinary little human heart beating until we get Bonnie back." Damon explained as he paced back and forth with both sets of eyes on him. "Silas made a pinky-promise that he'd do a spell to bring Bonnie back. Unfortunately, he's taking his sweet time coming back to Mystic Falls."

Evelyn's attention was taken by Amara, who started biting at her own wrists. "No, Amara. No!" The brunette ran into the cellar and peeled Amara's wrists from her mouth as she cried out within Evelyn's hold.

"No! Let me die," Amara screamed viciously as she thrashed against Evelyn. "I want to die!"

"Let's hope love is blind, or at least deaf."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"We need to buy some more time. Protect Amara." The doppelganger stated to Evelyn, Stefan, and Damon as she paced up and down in front of them. "Maybe we should move her somewhere else."