22

Dean was doing really well in school. 

He had an 67% in math, 70% in English, 91% in science, 96% in art and a 79% in French.

"This is amazing," Ariel commented, putting Dean's report card on the counter, "you have two grades in the 90's," she clapped, "that's amazing Dean." 

"I know," Dean grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, "I don't know how to get that math mark up," he jumped up onto the counter, "numbers suck." 

"You're passing right now, so let's keep it that way."

Dean nodded, unscrewing the lid on his water bottle and taking a drink. 

"What do you want to be when you graduate?" Ariel asked, and jumped on the counter opposite of Dean, "Are you going to go to college? University?" 

Dean shrugged in reply.

"Well you're extremely good at art," Ariel started, "and you seem to be very good at science." 

"Are you suggesting I study one of those?" Dean asked, swinging his legs from side to side. 

"Don't end up doing something you hate," Ariel told him, "but remember you're gonna have a kid to look out for too." She jumped off the counter, and kissed his forehead. 

Dean stayed in the kitchen, and he stared at his report card. 

He thought about all his classes, how much he loved to draw and how much he'd love to do that for a job. Then he thought about his science classes and how easy science came to him. 

The first job that came to him involving science was a doctor. 

He bit his bottom lip, and jumped off the counter. He ran up the stairs and grabbed his laptop from his desk. 

Dean opened the laptop and pressed the power button. 

When the main screen popped up he opened up google. 

Jobs involving science

"Environmental scientist...Environmental Technician," Dean mumbled while he scrolled, "no thanks." 

He clicked off the website, and went back to the search screen. 

Jobs you can do with science

"Chemist...biologist...microbiologist?" Dean swore and left that website as well, "this is useless." 

Dean sat on his bed, and rested his chin in his hands. 

"Doctor..." He mused, "but dyslexia." 

Can you be a doctor with dyslexia

He clicked on a couple of websites, and every one said the exact same thing. 

"Don't let dyslexia hold you back..."

"Whatcha doing?" Alexis walked into the room, and kneeled on the bed behind Dean, "Doctor?" 

"Just researching," Dean said quickly and shut the lid on his computer, "you feeling okay?" 

"I feel great," Alexis pressed a kiss to Dean's shoulder, "you wanna?" 

"Sure," Dean shrugged, and stood up. He put his laptop back on his desk and locked his door.