01

Enjoy the first chapter of 2016!!

Dean's pov

I set my suitcase down on the ground by the door and walked into the center of the room, turning in a circle to see all 4 walls.

"This is the room you want?"

I turned again, looking at Ariel who was standing in the door way.

I nodded, stifling a yawn.

"Why don't you go to sleep, we have a busy day tomorrow." She walked into the room, her arms crossed over her chest. "We're going shopping."

I raised my eyebrow, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"It's either you come shopping with me, or I'll buy you a Strawberry Shortcake bed."

I shook my head, a smile on my face.

"No thanks."

Ariel chuckled, brushing her red hair out of her face and turning around.

"Okay." Ariel shrugged. "I think you'd suit a Strawberry Shortcake bed."

"Oh get out." I laughed, pushing her slightly.

"I'm going." She left the room, but I heard her stomping down the stairs.

"You sound like an elephant!" I screamed down at her.

I heard her laughter as she reached the bottom step but she didn't respond.
****
"What about this one?" Ariel asked, checking the tag on another bed.

"It's nice." I stated, not looking at the bed that we've already seen 5 versions of In another store.

"Dean."

I met Ariel's stare and smiled.

"What one do you want?" She sighed, still pushing down on the bed.

I looked around the store, scanning my eyes over the many different beds in the rows.

"That one." I pointed to a random queen size bed in the long row of queen size beds.

"Okay, and I'll get this one." Ariel looked around for a helper.

"Can I go outside?" I groaned to my sister.

"Don't anywhere else."

I nodded, walking through the maze of beds that led to the exit.

I leaned against the wall, one of my feet pushed up and my arms crossed across my chest.

I sighed, looking out at all the people walking down the streets.

"Hey kid."

I looked to the right to see a boy, who only looked a couple years older than me, standing to the side.

"What're you doing out here all alone?" He asked, coming closer to me.

"M-my sister is inside." I stuttered out, nervous at the attention.

Since I never talked, I got shoved into the background, I was pretty much invisible to everyone around me.

I've never been used to attention from girls, or boys for that matter.

"She'll be out in a minute." I looked at the ground, biting my lip.

He was kinda cute actually, I felt nervous being so close to him.

His head was shaved on both sides, and the hair in the middle was dyed a silvery colour. His skin was pale, making his pinky lips stand out. And the silver ring stuck into his lip caught my attention.

"I'm James, but call me Cook." (Picture to the side or top or bottom, wherever it shows up for you)

I looked up at him, trying not to cower under the gaze.

"What's your name?" He took a step closer to me.

"Dean." I mumbled, looking back at the ground.

"You don't sound like your from around here Dean." His accent came out stronger in that sentence.

"I just moved here." I rubbed my arms over my jacket as I talked.

"If you ever need someone to show you around, then call me." He handed me a piece of paper with numbers on it then he winked and turned away, walking down the sidewalk.

"Dean." Ariel came out of the store, scaring me go death.

I shoved the paper into my pocket and turned to look at her.

"Are you done?" I asked.

"Yes." She looked at me with curious eyes. "Come pick your sheets." She went back into the store, leaving me outside to let out a breath and look in the direction that James walked off in.