05

Okay, I changed a couple things about the story line. Dean and Ariel didn't move to London, they moved to Canada instead, I'm still trying to edit the other stories in this series to say that but I'm just noting it so people don't get confused

Dean's pov

"Hi, I'm Persephone."

The girl standing in front of me had dark skin. Her hair was dark brown and so were her eyes. She had a huge smile on her face and her hand was extended towards me.

"Dean." I shook her hand and crossed my arms over my chest again.

"What are you doing in the park all alone?" She sat beside me on the bench and shook off some of the snow that stuck to her boots.

"I was waiting for someone." I ran my fingers through my hair that was damp from the mist in the air.

"She didn't show?" Persephone asked, pity in her eyes.

"He." I corrected quietly.

"Oh sorry." She apologized.

"It's okay." I shrugged. "I should have realized he wouldn't have showed."

I looked down at my shoes that have been soaked from the slush and frowned.

"Wanna come with me to the corner store?" She asked suddenly. "It's just around the corner and they have the best hot coco." She stated quickly when she noticed the expression on my face.

"Okay." I said slowly, standing up slowly.

"Great." She clapped and stood up as well. "So Dean." She shoved her hands into her pockets to block them from the cold. "How old are you?"

"13." I answered. "I'll be 14 in September."

"I'm 14." She told me before I could ask. "Well I will be in 2 days." She corrected herself. "You don't look like you're from around here." She looked down at my soaked shoes and giggled.

"I just moved here." I told her, wincing at the squishing in my shoes. "From California."

"You moved from sunny California to cold Canada?" She asked, her eyes wide with disbelief. "Why you ever want to do that?"

I laughed slightly, lifting my hands up to my mouth and blowing hot air onto them.

"My parents were from here, my sister thought that it would be fun to move back here."

"Building snowmen are fun." Persephone shrugged. "And making snow angels, also snowball fights." She kicked at a pile of slush that was in the middle of the sidewalk and giggled when it splashed up at us. "And hot coco."

I smiled over at her and nodded.

"A nice hot drink sounds amazing right now." My fingers felt like they were about to fall off.

"You should really get some winter clothes before winter starts again." Persephone commented, pointing at my shoes and sweater. "Some warm boots, a nice fluffy coat, a hat, some gloves." She kept talking but slowed down when we reached the corner store she was talking about. "You'll never survive winter if you keep dressing like that."

We stood at the end of the line to get our drinks.

The store was a decent size, it looked like every other corner store, with rows of candy, shelves of chips, multiple fridges full of cold drinks.

"Is Canada always this cold?" I asked, thankful for the warm temperature in the store.

"You think this is cold." Persephone laughed again, drawing some attention from people in the store. "This is spring weather, next month we'll get the hot weather, and then it'll suddenly change around October and it'll be winter for another 6 months."

She seemed like a really happy person, she made me smile by just standing next to me.

"What." My jaw dropped.

"The worst part of winter is when it gets to the negative 40s." She stepped up in the line, her hands were still buried deep in her pockets. "Your whole body will freeze the second you stop outside."

I winced, not wanting to imagine the weather she was describing.

"That sounds terrible." I frowned.

"You don't get used to it either." She smiled again. "I've lived here my entire life and I never get used to the feeling of my fingers going completely numb from cold."

My eyes went wide, I didn't know if she was joking or not.

"2 hot chocolates please." Persephone told the person behind the counter.

I went to protest at her buying me the drink but she stopped me.

"You can get the next one." She winked and giggled again when my face flushed red.

A/n
Hey guys, a picture of Persephone in to the side or top or bottom, or wherever the fluff you see it. And do you like her? Do you think her and Dean will be good friends? And sorry I haven't posted in a long time, I have giant writers block right now and can't seem to get words to make sentences. If you have any ideas then please share them, also vote cause that's always nice :) So I hope you enjoyed the chapter, byyyyyye