20

"Ariel!" I called out for my sister, holding Alexis's hand firmly.

"There yo-" Ariel stopped talking, her face contorting in anger when her eyes landed on Alexis. "What is she doing here."

"We need to tell you something." My voice betrayed me, I could hear the nervousness. "It's kinda important." 

"Fine." She gestured us into the living room. 

Alexis and I sat on the love seat while Ariel went to sit on the couch opposite of us. 

"What is so important?" She asked, crossing her legs and leaning forwards. 

"Uhhmm." I gulped, glancing over at Alexis. "Alexis is..." 

Alexis saw me freezing up, she reached over to squeeze my thigh and gave me a reassuring smile. 

"She's pregnant."I looked back at Ariel and watched as she froze and turned white. 

"She's what." 

I couldn't look at her, I looked away to focus on something else. "Pregnant." 

She didn't scream, or stand up to hit up, but I heard her breathing. She let out a long angry breath. 

"What is she doing?" I whispered to Alexis, who unlike me, was able to keep staring at Ariel. 

"She's looking at the roof." Alexis whispered back, "Her fists are balled up, her face is turning red and veins are popping out of her neck...I think she's mad." 

I looked up at her, giving her the look of stupidity. 

"I knew you were having sex..." 

The two of us looked at Ariel again, who was staring at the ceiling. 

"But I never thought you'd be stupid enough to get a girl pregnant." Ariel shook her head. "A druggie slut at that." 

"Hey!" I blurted, making Ariel look at me with surprise all over her face. "You can call me stupid all you want, but you are not allowed to insult Alexis." I glared at my sister. "It's not her fault, we got high and had sex and I was the one who forgot the fucking condom." 

"I'm not a druggie." Alexis stated. "I smoke some weed, but it's mostly to help me calm down, not to get me high." She squeezed my hand. "It doesn't make me a druggie." 

"She's moving in here." Ariel suddenly blurted. "I won't let my niece or nephew die because their mother is living in some crack house." 

"So you're not mad?" I asked slowly, instantly regretting the question. 

Ariel stood up, crossing her arms and giving me the face that 5 year olds would cry at. "Oh I'm mad, I'm so mad." She laughed slightly, but angry laughter, not happy laughter. "But I am not going to yell because I'm only 18 and I don't know what to do in this situation." 

I glanced over at Alexis who was watching Ariel rant. 

"So I am going to let your pregnant girlfriend live with us so your baby does not die." She started walking towards the door. "But I am oh so mad at you."