chapter 10

"And she slapped me across the face so I ran out of the house and you were my first contact so... Yeah." I finish telling Beunka the whole story.

"Wow. I didn't think your mum was like that." She sighs. I run a hand through my hair as I stand up.

Even though Beunka and I are good friends, I still don't feel comfortable and understood here.

I need Jai.

I sigh and look in the mirror, my Paramore T-shirt crumpled and my pajama pants going past my heels. I look at beunka behind me, sitting on the bed texting and smiling.

"Who are you talking to?" I ask her, looking closely at my not-so-perfect skin.

She doesn't answer.

"Bee?" I say.

"What? Oh, Jake. He's coming over in a minute." She grins.

"Wait what? Jake's coming over? But I'm- I... I don't.... What?" I stammer.

The doorbell rings.

"Speaking of the devil." Bee giggles.

She runs down the stairs and I hear the door open.

"Hey baby." She says.

"Hey beautiful." Jake says quietly. I don't hear anything after that. I wait for a noise but nothing's happening. I walk halfway down the stairs to see what's going on.

They're making out.

My eyes widen as I quickly spin around and run back up the stairs.

I wait patiently in her room. I see pictures of her and Jake. There's a couple with me and her and some with Kiah as well. There's a group photo too. I stand up and look around at her big collection of photos. I find that one of Jai and I with Beunka and Jake sitting in the background. I grab the photo and stare at it. Just seeing him makes me miss him more. I quickly put the photo back as I hear footsteps. I grab my phone and go on instagram.

"Hi Rachel." Jake grins.

"Hey." I grin back. He has a tiny smudge of lipstick on his upper lip. I try not to gag as I look back down at my phone.

I look through my comments on all my photos. I decide to make some people happy and follow them. I find a few Jai fanpages, so I follow them all. I choose the nicest commenters and follow them as well. I delete a few photos, change my name and put my phone down.

I look up to see Beunka and Jake kissing again. I fake vomit under my breath and go downstairs. I grab my bag and leave the house. I text Bee saying I left because I was needed somewhere.

I'm not needed, I just wanted to leave.

I look through my contacts again and my finger lands on Jai. I rub my eyes and call him.

He answers on the second ring.

"Yo."

"Jai! I'm so glad you picked up." I exclaim.

"Rachel! Hey gorgeous, what's happening?" He asks. I can tell he's grinning.

"Oh, you know, Mum got drunk and slapped me so I ran away and went to Beunka's but Jake came over and I was third-wheeling big time so I left again and now I'm at the end of her street." I say casually.

"You what?!" He gasps.

"Yeah. Where are you?" I ask.

"Are you okay??" He asks, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bruise. Where are you?" I ask again.

"I'm at some hotel. Will you meet me at a train station? I need to see you." he says.

We organise to meet up at a train station early in the morning. Meanwhile I have to find somewhere to stay the night.

"Okay. Bye Jai." I say. I can't wait to see him.

"Bye Rachie. Love you."

"Love you too." I hang up.

I look through my contacts again and find Sarah.

I call her and she answers straight away.

"Hello?" She says.

"Sarah? Are you home?" I ask.

"No, I'm sorry Rach, I'm at a hotel because I've got a photoshoot tomorrow." She says.

"Oh. Okay. Bye, Sarah." I sigh, hanging up.

I call Trent because I know he's the only other person who would be awake at this time.

"Yeah?" He answers.

"Trent. You better be at home 'cause I'm coming over. Long story, don't have time to tell you why, too tired to talk when I get there, tell you in the morning." I say in one breath.

"Um, yeah, okay cool. See you soon?" He questions.

"Yeah. Bye." I hang up. I start walking until I see a taxi. I wave it down and tell the driver the address. He begins to drive as I close my eyes. I yawn literally 15 times on the way.

Once we arrive, I pay the driver and I grab my bag, walking up to the front door.

I knock.

The door opens slowly, revealing a very tired Trent.

I push past him, desperate to get some sleep. I set up my own mattress and sleeping bag, snuggling into the warmth.

"Uh, goodnight Rachel." Trent says.

"Right. Goodnight Trent, thanks for letting me stay." I mumble tiredly, closing my eyes. I hear the light switch go off, then the rustling of a doona. Everything is finally silent as I drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lel

I updated wtf

guys I need somebody to date Trent. Comment your name and what you're like. (looks, personality etc) it doesn't have to be long, just brief. Please comment I really need this, it's vital for the next few chapters!

thanks bebs ily all

Keep reading commenting voting following etc etc etc BYE ILY I GOT 3.1K THANKS BYE

~skully