chapter 2

**3 weeks later**

Today's my first day at my new school. I'm so nervous - my shirt is too big, my hair wouldn't go up so I had to leave it down(whenever I leave it down all day it goes all messy), and I don't know if I have the right books.

"I'm ready!" I call out to Mum.

No answer. I look all around the house for her, but she's nowhere. I hear a car horn.

Oh.

I quickly grab my bag and phone and run out the door, locking it behind me. I get into the car, putting my seatbelt on.

"You're gonna be late." Mum states, pointing to my watch. I look the time.

Oops.

8:40. School starts at 8:50.

Mum starts driving. I turn on the radio and One Direction's new song, Story of my Life, is on. I sing along to the bits I know - I haven't listened to it many times yet. A couple more songs come on that I don't know, then we arrive at school.

"Good luck, Rachel." Mum says.

"Thanks, Mum. I'll wait at the gates for you when the bell goes."

She nods and I get out of the car. I put my phone in the pocket on the front of my school shirt. I realise there's no one around, so I make my way to my first class - music. I finally find the right classroom and knock on the door. A nice looking lady opens the door and welcomes me in. I look around the classroom, and one boy catches my eye. He has tanned skin, brown hair in a fringe around his forehead, gorgeous brown eyes, a cute smile.

Wow.

I quickly realise I'm staring and turn to the teacher, who tells me where to sit. She points next to him.

Uh oh.

I awkwardly make my way over to him, sitting down.

"I'm Jai. Jai Waetford." He whispers to me.

"Rachel Kallen." I smile.

"Alright class, we're moving on to singing." The teacher says.

My cheeks go red. I don't want to sing in front of him.

"Does everyone know Different Worlds?" She asks.

Everyone nods and says yes, so she starts playing the piano.

"I've been

Out on the ocean

Sailing alone

Travelling nowhere.." Everybody harmonizes and it sounds amazing, but the most beautiful, perfect voice is coming from beside me.

It's Jai. He's perfect.

"And when it's time

I'll leave the ocean behind."

The song finishes.

"Wow Jai, you have such an amazing voice." I say.

"Thanks." He replies, that cute cheeky smile on his face again.

"I'm singing this song for my X factor audition." He says.

X factor?

"Wow! That's awesome." I reply, smiling.

Eventually the bell goes, and I walk out the classroom with Jai.

"Is it okay if I sit with you at break 1? I don't really have any friends here apart from you." I ask.

"Yeah, sure." He replies, a grin on his face.

~~~~~~~~

meh

Good enough

Hope u liked it bai

~skully